Sign in to follow this  
FLNG

Overhead switch lights connected to map light

I have V1.1

the labels on the overhead switches come on with the instrument lights, but the backlights in the switches themselves seem to only come on if I turn on the map/dome lights.

Am I the only one seeing this ?  (wouldn't be the first time..... :-)

thanx

Jeff

I reported this, and reported it again...There's a related model glitch that causes the glareshield to turn white when you activate said switch, as if the night texture is missing. 

As of a few hours ago, Carenado released V1.2, although I have yet to download it.

V1.2 did not fix this...but it did fix the N1% indication and the reduced-size "lite" models are a modest performance improvement.

I'm kinda ###### about the lighting thing...I sent them screenshots and everything...

Hi Folks,

Submitted a support ticket on this we well...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On the missing  Glare Shield texture Carenado support (as of yesterday) appear not to understand the problem. 

Perhaps more support tickets are needed before they act.

17 hours ago, nippa said:

On the missing  Glare Shield texture Carenado support (as of yesterday) appear not to understand the problem. 

Perhaps more support tickets are needed before they act.

Could it be version specific (FSX vs P3D)?  I use FSX...I noticed that "CAPTUTCD_toppanel_night.dds" was missing from my "texture.common" folder.  It was one of the only textures in there without a "_night" file.  I created a .dds file of that name that was just a black tile and it fixed the problem.  Doesn't resolve the other issue with the switch tied to the wrong thing, but...

Anyone with P3D that can confirm?

You're spot on!

The texture was missing so I copied the daylight version CAPTUTCD_toppanel.dds renamed it by adding "_night" and a "different" version shows on the panel.

Adding the word night changes the effect ; now I didn't know that.

Thanks for your post