BamaKevin

Fly Tampa Grenadines

I posted on the Fly Tampa Forums about my issue and wanted to see if anyone here has solved this problem with there setup.  I purchased  Grenadines today everything seem to install fine but when I load a flight at any of the 5 airports there is no trees or building on the island.  I read about using the autogen config tool and tried it but no change.  I also use Ftx global and vector Olc NA and wonder if that may be causing this.  I have my scenery library in the correct order too. Using Windows 10 P3Dv3.4 

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As linked by Luis, I am the originator of that solution and it worked for me:

ppo

If you have setup FT Grenadines correctly with autogen and your default.xml is not corrupt it is still possible that Autogen is not working.
In my case, I have found the culprit to be the file: OLC_NA_REG.bgl located in the ORBX FTX_OLC Scenery folder.
I have switched it off and my autogen is 100% ok.
I am still testing and have not found any issues yet.
Will report back if I find some.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ppo said:

As linked by Luis, I am the originator of that solution and it worked for me:

ppo

Tested on my system and vegetation and autogen are working as they should (don't forget to max all scenery related slides). How did you managed to find the culprit file?

I have been using customer support (email) and Martin was unable to help to the point he stopped responding my emails. :ohmy:

What's the "reverse coin" of having to disable OLC_NA_REG.bgl?

By trial and error. I have a lot of patience (and time).

Have not found a negative effect yet.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Where is the olc na reg.bgl I looked in my orbx folder but there were a bunch of them.   How do I find it?  I have an NA1 and a NA 2

Change file extension of OLC_NA_REG.bgl to OLC_NA_REG.off

The file is located in ...Prepar3D v3 (main folder)\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA\Scenery

37 minutes ago, ppo said:

By trial and error. I have a lot of patience (and time).

Have not found a negative effect yet.

Cheers

I am glad you did just that. It is an extremely tedious task for sure... :ampun:

Thank you Thank you!  It worked and looks great.

I saw your post and as I have an autogen problem, sometimes vegetation disappear, I tried it. I found a culprit with ORBX 05S Vernonia! Plane loads in altitude:blush:

Regards

Pat

How about runway lights regarding Grenadines airports? I am experiencing some issues.

TVSB and TVSC only half the runway lights are visible. If you do a runway flyby as soon as your plane is about to pass the turned off lights they will become on.

TVSM PAPI lights show 4 lights at a distance. As soon you close in it will change to 2 lights as it should.

TVSU and TGPZ no issues as they do not have illuminated runways.

Anyone experiencing this? Any tips or solutions?

I have not checked the airports at night will have a look tonight.

On 03/05/2017 at 9:20 PM, BamaKevin said:

I too do not have runway lights.

At least it's not a problem on my setup! Have you tried FlyTampa's support?

Consequences of renaming OLC_NA_REG.bgl.

Found it: "

That file is causing issues with FlyTampa Grenadines. The autogen will not be available.

Renaming OLC_NA_REG.bgl to OLC_NA_REG.bgl.ori will cure the problem however, this will cause the the area near Tucson Arizona to show wrong LC class.

Re-locating Grenadines below OLC will not solve the problem.

This is a FYI sort of. Do not know if you can solve that...

It is definitely not the same part of the world.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know. It took many hours of work to find the interaction between the two."

Posted that over at ORBX. I don't suppose I'll get a reply to that. But posted it anyway for the sake of useful information.

So, it appears to be a small area in Arizona, but it is very ugly.

Do not ask me how I found that out.... Pure luck really.

Cheers

I assume the following excerpt from the manual has already been tried?  This is from an FSX install, but I would guess it applies to P3D as well.  

Missing Autogen. 

First check that the Autogen Slider under Scenery Display Settings is set to maximum "Extremely Dense". If the Autogen is still missing make sure the Scenery got installed with the Installation program. Copying the pre-installed folder /Addon Scenery/FlyTampaGrenadines from one FSX installation to another will result in missing Autogen. To check that the Autogen is correctly installed look for the following files: 

FSX/Autogen/AutogenDescriptions.spb(before_FlyTampa_Grenadines) FSX/Autogen/ default.xml(before_FlyTampa_Grenadines) FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Grenadines/scenery/ft_agn_tropic_***.BGL 

If these files are missing, run the AutogenEditor program contained within the folder: FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Grenadine/Fly-Grenadines_FSX_AutogenEditor.EXE 

Yes Curt, that assumes what you describe has already been tried.

There are a lot of instructions at the FlyTampa site about what you should do if missing autogen.

But, after you've tried all their tips and still no autogen and you use Orbx OLC NA, then you know what to do.

From experience after having Grenadines for many years, you don't need to set autogen to extremely dense, it works very well at dense and their configurator tool does the job very well.

That was before Orbx OLC NA

Cheers

Thanks Pierre for the info.  I installed OLC NA just a month ago, and just took my first look at my Grenadines airports.  Sure enough, I have the problem too!  It's too bad that there's a conflict between the two, but thank you for finding a workable solution.