Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Archaeopteryx glider

Now this looks like fun! Also I immediately imagined this modeled in a sim, complete with a little pilot whose legs could come out as landing gear.......... :ha:

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I dreamed about flying one of these when I saw one operating in Covilhã, while we still had the good old LPCV to fly gliders in the Mountain ( Serra da Estrela ) here in Portugal...

It's very expensive though :-/

• Upvote 1

These were actually some of the very first addons I downloaded back in the day. I've moved on but Google hasn't..

2925-bswiftzip-28-take-off.jpg

1715-air-c4zip-6-image2.jpg

• Upvote 2

A bit off topic: the preview image of the Youtube video (also visible at around 00:42) is indistinguishable from an Outerra screenshot. Goes to show how much we're close to photorealistic real time rendering, especially at altitude where there's nothing up close (except for the aircraft itself).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Murmur said:

A bit off topic: the preview image of the Youtube video (also visible at around 00:42) is indistinguishable from an Outerra screenshot. Goes to show how much we're close to photorealistic real time rendering, especially at altitude where there's nothing up close (except for the aircraft itself).

Indeed, and I still have hope of finding this type of graphics in a World-wide coverage civil flight simulator one of these days.