Sign in to follow this  
Griphos

List of issues that need work

In the spirit of constructive feedback and helping DTG in EA work out a better product, I thought I'd start a thread to collate the main bugs/issues that require attention.

First, of course, is optimization.  But, more specifically:

No map!

ATC window can be opened, but not closed.  

ATC voices are terrible, sounding like 1980s computer voice generation.

The same old stupid white (translucent) sheet fog layer from FSX.  I don't think there's any aspect of this sim that breaks realism more than this graphical atrocity.

The RV-7 appears to be badly bugged.  I could not take off in it.  Full power only gets it to about 45 kts.  

Needs to be a widescreen setting in Display settings.  

Edited by Griphos

Okay, will do.  But not all of these are bugs.  Some of them are just issues or missing features.  I'm listing particularly important ones that need attention sooner rather than later.  

Yes, I checked mixture.  That wasn't an issue.  Weird that you are not experiencing the same thing.  I'll try again.  

Edited by Griphos

At least on my system, FSW upon startup has several times spontaneously switched itself to insanely high resolutions. 

Users might want to intermittently check to see if the sim is matching the actual monitor resolution.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I've found the same but only after I've altered something in the display settings.  It seems to select the highest of the DSR resolutions I've got set up in the Nvidia control panel rather than my monitor's native resolution.

Andy L

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

At least on my system, FSW upon startup has several times spontaneously switched itself to insanely high resolutions. 

Users might want to intermittently check to see if the sim is matching the actual monitor resolution.

Yearh I noticed that too. Mine started in something like 4K resolution on a laptop which has 1080p resolution... don't know why - maybe it's using DSR?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

13 hours ago, Griphos said:

In the spirit of constructive feedback and helping DTG in EA work out a better product, I thought I'd start a thread to collate the main bugs/issues that require attention.

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to bring these to our attention. We are currently collating feedback on our own forums, and via the following forms:

Bug Reporting Form

Optimization Form

Thanks once again for your support!

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Glad to help. I'd like to see this sim succeed  I have mixed feelings about DTG, being a long time TS user, with lots of DLC.  But I do like the recent direction the company is taking in TSW.

Note: For some reason, after trying the RV-7 at several airports with the same result as above, one further attempt resulted in a normal takeoff and flight. I'll try again today. 

Edited by Griphos

2 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Glad to help. I'd like to see this sim succeed  I have mixed feelings about DTG, being a long time TS user, with lots of DLC.  But I do like the recent direction the company is taking in TSW.

Good to hear :happy: Thank you for your support. If you experience any further issues, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg