Sign in to follow this  
flyalways

I kinda liked FSW so far.

Hi,  First time to post on this avsim forum

I bought this sim few days ago, because I love flight simulation software.  

Despite the bad reviews, I did not hesitate and went straight into buy this game.

What can I say?, it is definitely amazing. Graphics looks much better than P3D, so does flight dynamics, although

there are some texture brightness and HDR effects should be adjusted, but other than that, 

this game is worth if you want DX11 with 64bit.  I barely use P3D, because of addons I have on FSX SE.  

but now, I love FSW way better, if they start to add some more aircrafts and fix for smooth and frame rate, 

then this game will be a new trend.  

Edited by flyalways

Welcome to the AVSIM forums.

I'm glad that someone is enjoying a new GAME.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm sorry FSX was NEVER marketed as a simulator platform...It's was a game, as FSW is.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, flyalways said:

this game will be a new DLC cash cow.

Corrected it for you.

Edited by uncle_adolph

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'm sorry FSX was NEVER marketed as a simulator platform...It's was a game, as FSW is.

It really doesn't matter if FSX was marketed as a game. It was also marketed "as real as it gets." Did you believe that?

43 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forums.

I'm glad that someone is enjoying a new GAME.

How is FSX less of a game than FSW?

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I'm going to assume that what you are really saying is that they are both games.

I do not consider FSX or FSW a game. For me they are software used for training & for entertainment purposes. Maybe for some, they are both a game. Maybe DTG wants it to be like a "game" so that they can sell more copies.

From the posts I've read, they want a next generation sim that caters to the sim community. So they released FSW as a beta and want feedback from the community so that they can improve it. Maybe, I'm wrong!

I really don't care if the software is licensed for entertainment or commercial use. I just want DTG to deliver a 64bit sim based on FSX and for me to be able to use my favorite add-ons. I do not mind paying for updates. I'd love to see them succeed!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

@flyalways Thank you for your kind words! I hope you continue to enjoy it :happy:

you're welcome.  As majored in technical support field, I know how would you feel when people start to talk about negative things. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I played FSW for straight 3 days now, and when I load back FSX,

it feels like going back to FS2004 or FS98. 

Edited by flyalways
  • Upvote 1