TechguyMaxC

Early Access and Tempered Expectations

--DELETED--

Edited by Anders Gron

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Not sure where you got that from, there's absolutely no guarantee how long "early access"lasts...

Raven, from the official steam page. The early access section of it can be expanded to get more infos from the developers talking about why they decided to get into EA.

WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:

Why Early Access?

“The current flight sim space is a fountain of experience and expertise, and Early Access is our way of drawing upon that knowledge to make Flight Sim World the best it can be. We will have a better, stronger simulation platform if we collaborate with you on the future of this project.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We intend to roll out planned features over the next three to four months. This includes time to discuss and implement your valuable feedback. That being said, we're not setting any hard limits on how long we will be in this phase. When it’s ready, it’s ready!”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“During Early Access, we plan to roll out additional features, some of which will have an immediate impact on gameplay while others will provide the necessary extensions for future plans. Ultimately, our criteria for leaving the Early Access program is for Flight Sim World to be a stable platform upon which you are able to build the flight experience you want.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“Flight Sim World is very much still in development. There are still more features and gameplay options which need to be implemented over the next few months which we are excited to share with you as they are made available.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“The Early Access version of Flight Sim World is priced lower than the full release. This reflects the amount of content that will be added over the coming months and also makes it a good time for you to get involved in the Early Access process.
Price will change during the Early Access period, however this is largely subject to incoming features.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“We want to give you the chance to be part of a hobby you are passionate about, while harnessing your knowledge and expertise to make Flight Sim World the best that it can be. We will be releasing updates and interacting with you regularly to test ideas, resolve issues, and help guide us in the right direction.”

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

My understanding is that FSW will be in early acces until is ready. Steam are not imposing any limits to developers, for example Aerofly FS2 is in early acces for a year now

Interestingly, FSPilotShop is also selling it..https://www.fspilotshop.com/dovetail-games-flight-sim-world-fsw-early-access-p-6738.html

NOTE: This purchase provides you with a 'key' to allow you to download Flight Simulator World (FSW) from STEAM. The download for this title does NOT include an install file. It only includes instructions on how to obtain the download from Steam.

As with all download purchases, there are No Refunds on this purchase, regardless if the key has been used or not.

NO refunds from them?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

My understanding is that FSW will be in early acces until is ready. Steam are not imposing any limits to developers, for example Aerofly FS2 is in early acces for a year now

Yes, but i also believe they stated they would be in EA for quite a bit from the start.

Reading 3-4 months makes me a bit worried they are already in the finishing phase of adding new features. Anyway, i'll keep those thoughts for myself. No point saying them over and over again. let's hope they continue on this path for more than few months!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

4 hours ago, france89 said:

Yes, but i also believe they stated they would be in EA for quite a bit from the start.

Reading 3-4 months makes me a bit worried they are already in the finishing phase of adding new features. Anyway, i'll keep those thoughts for myself. No point saying them over and over again. let's hope they continue on this path for more than few months!

I am not a member of the FSW development team, nor an employee of DTG.  I have seen members of that team state now a number of times that there are features in the sim which have not yet been turned on.  That means the code has already been written, but is disabled.  This should allay your fears of rushing to add features within a short period.  

• Upvote 1