Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Ariane 737

Visuals: magnificent. Some of the best I've ever seen. Love the integrated pushback truck (which is integrated withe the model so doesn't work with other aircraft).Flight modelling: seem solid. Feels like other high quality 737s (DF, PMDG) which is the only comparison I can make as a non-pilot and specifically someone who is not a 737 pilot.Systems modelling: excellent. Some things missing or incomplete, but that's true for every competitor out there.Handling: some idiosynchrasies, again like everything else. Mostly it takes getting used to.Performance: system hog, as is to be expected from something that detailed. It's flyable but you do notice it in extremely dense scenery. Maybe people with a highend machine (which mine was 3 years ago) will not notice this.Customer support: I've seen better, I've seen worse. Activation didn't work using their automated system but with a few emails back and forth they had me up and running quickly (the delay mainly being due to my workschedule pretty much being identical to theirs so there was a long delay between them sending a reply and me being able to read it). All contacts I've had with them were professional and courteous in both directions.They're somewhat more paranoid about piracy than are many others, which I think is understandable. Hostility towards them has turned around and they now no longer trust the general public in return. Hatred begets hatred after all.Price: yes it's expensive. It's not up to anyone to tell anyone else whether something is TOO expensive. I can only say that I'd not have bought it hadn't it been for 1) the constant battering against Ariane which made me want to see for myself what the fuss was all about and 2) the fact that I got a good discount at a tradeshow.

Thank you for your answer. Now I am less confuse, but still I have few questions:1) is the VC completely clickable (I mean can I fly using just the VC)?2) should I work on the VC resolution to make it readable (usually I paly 1280x1024), if the answer is yes is this difficult to do?I am not a computer programmer and I don't want to buy an expensive product that cause me headaches to intall or tune it.Thanks againpap

>Thank you for your answer. Now I am less confuse, but still I>have few questions:>1) is the VC completely clickable (I mean can I fly using just>the VC)?>2) should I work on the VC resolution to make it readable>(usually I paly 1280x1024), if the answer is yes is this>difficult to do?>>I am not a computer programmer and I don't want to buy an>expensive product that cause me headaches to intall or tune>it.>Thanks again>papThe Ariane 737-900 Ng VCe is based on the 3D VC panel, thus it is all clickable.For me, all Ariane 737 NG planes work best in 1280 x 960. But I am sure you don

Beware! That the Ariane 737NG is a quality add-on hands down... :-beerchugI like others here don't like the price but the BBJ is a really nice package (do get Des Braban's 737NG sound set here on Avsim because Ariane's leaves allot to be desired).Ariane will be releasing an update to the BBJ that will add a hud/night vision as well as many other new features (well that's the word as of late last year). I'm happy with my purchase although my airliner 737NG's are all PMDG. PMDG has modeled the autopilot functionality much better than Ariane and over all the PMDG birds are of better value. Both have their pluses and minuses (only because the PMDG is an older add-on) but PMDB models the critical stuff much better especially concerning the AutoThrottle, FMC, and AP. If you want a great BBJ Ariane has it but PMDG is slightly ahead of Ariane if we're talking just straight up head to head 737NG simulation in FS2k4... :-)

Guest Groenewold

What is the name of the Ariane website again please?Sincerely,Hans

I would like to buy a 737 and I was thinking about the Ariane 737-900 Ng VCe. I read some posts about Ariane and I am even more confuse than before. It seems that a lot of people dislike Ariane, and the activation is a nightmare. Anyway looking at their website the plane looks great. What I found extremely weird is that I couldn't find any english review of the plan. It appears that Ariane company is out of the most popular networks.Can anybody help me to resolve my doubts about the quality of the plan?Thank you very muchpap

I can't answer your questions in general (I don't have the Ariane product), but I do want to step in as a moderator and make a comment.Any posts which serve only to take hits at Ariane will be deleted. The subject has been bashed to death. If you can't discuss the product without dredging up dirt, then don't be part of the discussion. Users have been warned already not to turn these threads into a sideshow. I suggest they heed those warnings.-John

Guest Groenewold

Thanks, I always thought their web site was a little "busy" and difficult to navigate through. If I were selecting the BBJ, does it come in one complete package or do you have to buy it a-la-cart? I bought one of their 737's years ago on another PC and wouldn't mind trying it again as I seem to recall liking it and I'm sure it's more advanced.SincerelyHans

OK, but then I think it's fair to warn the potential buyer of the existence of a terrific amount of historical "dirt" w/r/t this company. The interested potential buyer is encouraged to a search and dredge it up themselves.If folks are allowed to sing praise, then folks should be allowed to highlight faults.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

You aren't raising any faults with the product Bob--you are raising dirt on a company. Enough has been raised to fill volumes, but there's some pretty happy campers vs. the product. I buy gas from "Big Oil", and I'd bet they've raked us over the coals far worse than any MSFS payware add-on company. But save the argument for another day, and let the user make their decision based on the product.-John

"Noted John...permit me a few quick questions then. Is Ariane permitted to advertise here at Avsim? Have they or their ads ever been banned here?"I don't know--I volunteer vs. moderating the forums, but don't make site policy and don't negotiate business deals with outside vendors. I'd also say the question is a loaded one. A company can be legit and good at what they do, but have staff that is such a challenge to deal with that no one would bother going into an advertising agreement or any other business relationship. I don't think it's anyone's business why Avsim seeks the partners it does, and/or the reasons it turns away others. -John

In regards to gauge fluidity in the virtual cockpit: the fluidity is abysmal, close to non-existent, this is why Ariane has added what they call 2di views to the virtual cockpit, which essentially simulates a 2d panel layout in the vc. Doesn't work all that well and creates some funky distortions. I bought their Boeing Bizjet, but deleted it off of my harddrive after a week of frustration, such as random freezes and crashes. Plus, I could never get the autothrottle to disengage after touch down. Predictably, emails to Ariane support generated little help.ricardo

OK, my last word in this thread...actually not my words at all, but words from none other than..."The Avsim Staff" John, this is the point that I was trying to get to, not which companies Avsim chooses to partner with...Link DeletedCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Hi,I purchased the 900, never got to fly the bird, never able to get it registered. Their registration process is abysmal, their customer support is practically non-existent. It was so bad, I got a charge back from my credit card company.I

And I've deleted the link as you have essentially hijacked this thread despite my warning. Please cease and desist immediately. Final warning.-John

It's a different plane in that it has a fully (and very nicely modeled) interior cabin. Can't recall whether or not they added any new functionality to it. It's hard to navigate their webpages. ricardo