Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

P3D V4 Support

Update: I have a 32-bit development version of LINDA talking to FSUIPC5 and P3Dv4. I still need to do some more changes and testing before I will have anything to release. The new version will handle FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4. There are no plans for FSUIPC support for Dovetails 64-bit FSW (Flight Simulator World) so don't ask.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Great job Scot!

Thank you very much!

Miguel Leandro

Update: I now have a working version of LINDA 3.0.0 that should work with all versions of Flt Sim (FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 32-bit and P3Dv4 64-bit) and FSUIPC4 32-bit or FSUIPC5 64-bit.

I offer the following beta build 614 for LINDA users keen to test it. You are strongly recommended to ensure you backup your installation before installing this version MANUALLY into your P3Dv4 \modules folder.

The following notes apply to this beta - Read Latest Updates:

• LINDA 3.0.0 will switch automatically between FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5.
  • No VRi Combo MCP support due to the serial interface being missing in current version of FSUIPC5.
  • There are major changes to Saitek panel handling (undocumented at present).
  • There are some internal timing errors which may slow console display.

Post all comments and error reports here.

<link removed>

Edited by ScotFlieger
Link to Beta removed

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Did a quick test, it seems to work as the old one, apart from FSUIPC being recognised on the settings page.

Magnetos and parking brake and stuff still do not work, but this is perhaps an issue in FSUIPC?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

3 minutes ago, kolaf said:

Did a quick test, it seems to work as the old one, apart from FSUIPC being recognised on the settings page.

Magnetos and parking brake and stuff still do not work, but this is perhaps an issue in FSUIPC?

Good news that it works. It has taken 2 full days to adapt it.

Is there a problem with the FSUIPC being recognised on the settings page?

I had no issue with the parking brake. What method are you using to set it?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I meant that FSUIPC 5.1 was correctly recognized on the settings page. Sorry for the poor wording. 

For the parking brake I use the default fsx parking brake set and release. I can get you some screenshots when I'm back at my desktop. 

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

26 minutes ago, kolaf said:

For the parking brake I use the default fsx parking brake set and release. I can get you some screenshots when I'm back at my desktop. 

My bad, I did not realise that the parking brake and magneto switches had changed the names. Switching to the one called Breaks PARKING works :-)

This might be a bit off topic, but I can know no longer find an explicit parking brake release or eng magneto 1 off. Are these no longer available, or have they been moved?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Kolaf

There are a number of functions you can use to operate the parking brakes:

LIB: Special Functions - ParkBrakeOn and ParkBrakeOff

LIB: Default FSX / Systems - Brakes (momentary) and Brakes PARKING (toggle)

The Magneto default functions are:

LIB: Default FSX / Engine Starting = lots of magnetos

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

10 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

The Magneto default functions are:

LIB: Default FSX / Engine Starting = lots of magnetos

Thanks for parking brakes.

I found no off in the engine starting section. No worries, I can always add it myself :-)

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

A completely different issue. I'm afraid I do not believe this worked before, I never tried it. I have a saitek radio panel which I have used the old SPAD to control. Seeing that this was now supported in the GUI of LINDA I decided to have a go. It seems to control my radios okay, but the displays are not working properly. Initially I see only dashes, and as soon as I start fiddling with the knobs the displays turn blank. I was expecting the displays to mirror the radio values?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Kolaf

You have found the undocumented changes for the Saitek panels. These are still being tested and I make no guarantee that they will work faultlessly. This is a beta release for P3Dv4/FSUIPC5 testing.

To use the Radio and Multi Panels with the new functionality you need to doing the following:

• Tick the Saitek Panels checkbox on Setup LINDA page.
  • Open Setup Joysticks and disable the Radio and Multi panels by unticking the Enable checkbox (on right).
  • Don't run Spad or SpadNext.

The dashes on the Radio Panel and sequential flashing of the AP buttons on the Multi Panel are there on start up to make sure users operate a button to initial the functions. You simply need to rotate the radio knob or press the swap buttons to activate the panel. The Radio Panel should display the default radio frequencies IF the Avionics are switched ON. Otherwise, they will be blank as you have reported.

NOTE: I have found an error with the Multi Panel which breaks FSUIPC5 in some cases (with the Console open this is shown by repeated Exception 20 "DATA ERROR" messages). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Update: The beta build is triggering a number of faults within FSUIPC5/P3Dv4 which the FSUIPC developer is investigating. The fault only occurs with the Multi-Panel using the GUI internal control.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scotflieger,

to use Linda in P3D V4 must i tbuy the payware Version from FSUIPC or is the free Version ok.

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Just now, f.skywalker said:

Hi Scotflieger,

to use Linda in P3D V4 must i tbuy the payware Version from FSUIPC or is the free Version ok.

Frank from EDDM

Hi Frank,

yes you will need to purchase a new licence for FSUIPC5 via simmarket website to obtain a registration key and run LINDA with P3Dv4 64-bit. FSUIPC5 is a new product and your old FSUIPC4 key can not be used. 

A word of caution. There is a fault in FSUIPC5 5.10 which is causing the LINDA 3.0.0 beta  to stop working correctly. I am working with the developer to resolve the issue.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks,

at this time i buy FSUIPC and install it to my fresh Installation from P3D V4

Then i copy Linda Beta in the Modules Folder.

when i Programm a keypress to my Joystick it doesnt work.

must i install another program to use linda...

I use the mcp original......

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt