Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Is this true about the PSS Concord???

After reading such a glorified review of the PSS Concord I have one question that kept me from buying this 5 star product in the first place (well maybe the lack of support for the FS2k4 updated A320 helped my decision not to buy as well) . Is the VC fully clickable or not??? I mean like the Koch Concord, is the main panel, upper, and engineers panel clickable??? For a 5 star review this basic function should be available in the VC. For 5 stars I should be able to fly fully from the VC. Just like I can with the PMDG 737NG/B1900, Feelthere CRJ/ERJ, All DreamFleet products, FSD, Ready For Pushback, CaptainSim, Koch, Eaglesoft, and last but not least even 'Perfect Flight'. All these development houses have addressed this basic concept in all their FS2k4 add-ons. Most of these developers have never received a 5 star rating for their work and I frankly find it hard to believe a product can get a 5 star rating without providing the basic technology that everyone else is doing. Furthermore not offering anything revolutionary is disturbing as well...I read (and I could be wrong) that the VC in the PSS Concord is not clickable. If I'm wrong then I'd gladly go buy it for the simple fact I don't like manually adjusting the fuel in the Koch Media Concord. If the VC isn't clickable then we have a major problem with the reviews around here.There was a very recent discussion about the review of the PSS Concord (that's been moved to another forum). No one addressed the shortcomings of the add-on to further justify the point that the review was a little biased. If it's true the PSS Concord doesn't have a clickable VC (much like all FS2k2 add-ons of the past) and this thing was developed for FS2k4 then 'Houston we have a problem'... Please guys tell me the PSS Concord has a fully interactive VC... :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

it'll not be Houston that has a problem,nor me,but you,as you'll have to keep manually adjusting the fuel in the Koch Media Concord.from what i've seen,the PSS product does look promising.and,having a not really superpowered puter,i don't give a rat's behind about a clickable VC.ofcourse,if i did have a cray,i would not care either.2d panel anytime,for me that is.i do however suspect the PSS Concord does have a clickable VC.because there's people that,like you,hate 2d panels ;)and they would loose sales if they did not have it.tataJP.

Whether you prefer the 2D panel or not is not the point here (and I don't want to make it the point either). The fact is that clickable VC's are standard in every add-on (worth talking about) released for FS2k4 these days. You can

FS2020 

another reason it will almsot certainly have a clickable VC: the 330/340 has one and was released quite a long time before the Concorde :)

I wouldn't count on it jwenting nor will I hold my breath...I just hope all this is a mute point and this add-on has a clickable VC so I can go buy it. I've heard some great things about it otherwise...

FS2020 

Surely THE point must be to allow the reviewers to express THEIR opinions on whatever it is they are reviewing; then make the conclusions THEY see fit. Now, you may not like their opinions, least alone AGREE with them, but they MUST be allowed to express them.Afterall....... opinion is a very personal thing:-)Regards Blue

Hey Dillon, Not to be a stinker but it clearly says right at Phoenix's site:PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO HIGHLY COMPLEX NATURE OF CONCORDE SYSTEMS AND THE USE OF MANY CUSTOM VARIABLES, THE VC IS NOT "FULLY CLICKABLE" Just how much is clickable I really can't tell you as I don't own it yet. Jay Eklund

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Given that PSS don't implement every button and switch in their panels (just the ones that actually do something and not just make a clicking sound), that's probably what they mean.

But it's unfair Blue to be hardcore on most developers and biased to others. Conveniently overlooking key features that should be standard fair is sort of misleading when a product is given such a high rating. I would go as far as to say be fair all the way around (look at the basic things others have got slammed on in the many

FS2020 

Guest danowat

Tell exactly what you want to know is clickable, and I will check in the sim.Dan.

Like I said Jay, '4' stars would have been appropriate here considering Koch was able to do this feature better than PSS....Jwenting, no one is saying dummy switches should be modeled (actually if their in the plane there's nothing wrong with that) but when you've missed the whole overhead and engineers panels, there's a problem. Is it too much to ask Jwenting to be able to look over your shoulder at the engineers panel and see how much fuel you have left in your tanks??? Is it too much to ask to be able to look up and turn on your landing lights once under 10,000ft???By the way does anyone know what is modeled in the VC??? I'm at work now but I think once I get some time I'll head over to PSS's website and see what's modeled in the VC (and what's not)...

FS2020 

Thanks Dan,Is the Overhead and Engineer panel clickable???

FS2020 

Jwenting,>Given that PSS don't implement every button and switch in>their panels (just the ones that actually do something and not>just make a clicking sound), that's probably what they mean.Unlike some of their previous releases every button, switch and knob works in the PSS Concorde. Nothing there is "eye candy". It's by far the most detailed and realistic panel I've seen (and I've seen quite a few).Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As a regular user of the PSS Concorde, I don't think it is worthy of 5 stars. I think you have to be very careful when reviewing with regard to giving a product full marks, as it is saying that nothing will ever beat this item.I enjoy using the PSS offering fine - I think it is a very well put together aircraft, but there are a few things that detract from the overall enjoyment. Minor things, but certainly things that would prevent me from giving 5 out of 5.I've also used the Koch/Altitude Concorde quite a bit, and I think if a product was ever made that combined the positives from both, it would certainly be worthy of a higher rating than the PSS Concorde. How would we rate that then; 5.5 stars out of 5?I don't use VC, but I can see how a VC where you can't click on anything on the engineers panel or the overhead panel can be a BIG BIG minus point for those that do like their VC's.-Phil