Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JMoyam

PMDG 747v3 Dynamic Light P3D v4 64bits

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I get a huge FPS hit when I turn dynamic lighting on. Or perhaps the rain caused that.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

So interesting note (and I have been on this for a few days now and since yesterday with the 747).  I seem to have v4 dialed in pretty nicely but one item of note that I did pick up on was the following.  Testing was done at CYVR - 747-400 Active Sky WX and 50% traffic both road and aircraft.  Dynamic lighting is enabled.  When sitting on rwy 26L, my FPS is at 37.5.  When I switch on the storm lights - i get a momentary drop to 17 and then back  up to 37.5 once the lights are on.  The same applies to turning them off.  Not sure if this is anything or not but wanted to share none the less.

On 6/3/2017 at 0:18 PM, DEHowie said:

While an improvement over the very poor lighting in V3 the new lighting is hardly bright enough compared to reality.

First its simply not bright.

Two the mapping is way to small an area.

Here are some of my 747 images and i think it will be pretty easy to see exactly what i am talking about.

IMG_5763-Edit-X3.jpg

Atlas-X2.jpg

IMG_3528-X2.jpg

IMG_1939-X2.jpg

I think you can see just how bright and how much bigger the area painted by the landing lights are on the 744. Nice improvement but still a fair way to go.

I (kinda) understand where you're going with this... but... you do know that there's a alot of things that make up, how a photograph appear for a viewer? Stuff like exposure, lens, type of camera and lighting for instance?

Because of all these factors, it's always a bad idea of trying to compare random photos found on the web. Besides your point gets lost, because the photographic evidence you're building your case on is - not necessary false - but biased in terms of comparison. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

14 hours ago, simtom said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I get a huge FPS hit when I turn dynamic lighting on. Or perhaps the rain caused that.

Nothing wrong, dynamic lights hit FPS

Ivan Majetic

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO; 7900X3D; NZXT KRAKEN ELITE 360, GIGABYTE RTX 4080; G.SKILL TridentZ DDR5 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ALIENWARE 3423DWF

Yup, unfortunately this is very much true. Dynamic Lights=enabled is a huge FPS impact that I had to turn it off. It drops my performance nearly in half. Such a shame because it looks absolutely beautiful. Hopefully LM will need to optimize it further so that we can run with this on.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 6/2/2017 at 7:19 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

To get as close as you like, example:

F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Avatars\Civilian_Male_WhiteShirt_BlueJeans

sim.cfg

change this 

[Collision]
Point.0 = -0.5, 0.0, -1.0       //Long, lat, vert (feet)
Point.1 = -0.5, 0.0, 2.0        //Long, lat, vert (feet)
Point.2 = -0.5, 0.0, 5.0        //Long, lat, vert (feet)
ReactionTimer = 1.0             //Seconds
ReactionAcceleration = 36.0     //Feet / sec^2

TO this

[Collision]
ReactionTimer = 1.0             //Seconds
ReactionAcceleration = 36.0     //Feet / sec^2

Repeat for each avatar you want to use.

747 V3 looks fantastic, can't wait to use it in V4.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, is there a way to do this when we pan around the airports? I notice there seem to be invisible walls as well and I can't go past a certain area. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, whoispankaj said:

Is it a fps hit on the ground or in the air too? 

Both unfortunately.

So if you have dynamic lights enabled in the sim while flying the PMDG 747 (even if you have all the external lights off) it still has an affect on performance?

I can't speak for the 747 but when you switch off all of your external lights, then your FPS will increase back to a 'normal' level.

Even with dynamic lighting disabled in the sim I get that massive FPS drop , but only with supersampling for AA ....

Something I really dont understand...

Try MSAA, edges won't be as sharp, but the sim will perform okay. 

Does anyone have an issue with the beacon reflection for the inner engines during daytime on the 747? 

Ivan Majetic

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO; 7900X3D; NZXT KRAKEN ELITE 360, GIGABYTE RTX 4080; G.SKILL TridentZ DDR5 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ALIENWARE 3423DWF

I actually always use MSAA, but I am just wondering why landing lights etc. can have an fps-impact when dynamic lighting option is disabled in the sim, so there is nothing to display actually.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.