dozybee

fsx gold windows 7 Intel Z270 incompatible?

My beloved Z77 board had an unfortunate accident and I have moved up to the Kabylake Intel 1151 z270 motherboard and Kabylake I5 CPU.

I have managed to get my Windows 7 ssd to install the new drivers, keeping my installed updates, apps and data. However I am having a problem with

FSX. It finds my graphics card (Nvidia 1050 excellent on the z77) unsuitable in all compatibility modes. On FSX start up the display does not change modes

as it did with the Z77 setup. The MS/Intel/Trump/etc consortium have done a good job of alienating a lot of us from them!.

Any enlightenment would be welcome!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suppose my post relates to hardware so I will end it by informing the readers that I have got FSX to run now. Because of the traumatic change of drivers,etc

any peripherals,etc will have to be checked for compatibility and reinstalled if necessary. My graphic card drivers were ms standard ones. New drivers fixed that.

Making it difficult to migrate Windows 7 to this new stuff certainly gets the ancient grey matter buzzing!. My Windows 7 is updated to May 15th so so I guess I can

do without anymore updates as threatened. Maybe I don't have to register it either?

Actually, there is no such version of FSX as "Gold".  Gold is marketing package that contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration, and you are allowed to install one or the other.  I recommend installing Acceleration (the three disk install).

Your problem should be resolved by installing the latest version of NVIDIA drivers.

Best wishes!

Never trust the graphics drivers installed through Windows Update, always install the ones direct from nVidia.

Your problem has nothing to do with FSX itself. ....

Unfortunately, your choice for the 7th generation Intel I5 CPUs (7*00 ?? ) in combination with Windows7 isn't a happy one.

See

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-suspends-updates-kaby-lake-ryzen,33920.html

Or simular announcements on the Microsoft support website.
For obvious reasons (from a Microsoft marketing/support point-of-view) , Microsoft tries to force us to upgrade from Windows7 to Windows10.
Which is, in my opinion in combination with FSX, not an attractive choice. For many reasons.

Rob

• Upvote 1