Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

Question for moderators

I have noticed recently that topics discussing how various hardware may or may not affect P3D are being moved to some hardware forum? I disagree with this. I look in the P3D forum for information on the best hardware/drivers to use with simming and would never see something like that buried in a hardware forum. I understand that there can be close calls but if the thread is discussing impact on P3D it should be left in the P3D forum! 

Thanks

Terry

• Upvote 1

+1 if question or comment is specific to P3D.

Ryan

+2. Don't move it if it's P3D specific.........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It will also eventually get buried in this forum.  Your questions about performance for a video card or SSD or HDD or controller may have already been answered in the Hardware Forum.  Windows 10 is discussed there too.  What you are asking me is to eliminate the hardware forum and that will not happen.  There are many more forums on AVSIM than the P3D Forum. 

The Hardware Forums were requested by you, the membership, as there would be hot information about a new video card in the FSX Forum but not in the P3D Forum (or vice-versa) and members would accidently trip over the topic in the FSX forum.  So they wanted a central location where video cards could be discussed and the various Windows Operating Systems too.  

We do not move all of the topics relating to hardware.  For example, I have personally not moved video card discussions when the discussions are "hot" and there are several pages of discussions.  But, when the discussions are finished and the topic is moving further into the P3D Forums, I'll move it to the appropriate Hardware Forum so all of our membership can see the information.  

I have seen many topics posted here about new driver updates.  What about those poor souls in the FSX and X-Plane Forums? 

Personally, I like visiting the Hardware Forums occasionally and checking out the latest technology and to watch discussions about what is the best for flight simulation and "will this system work well in P3DV4?"

Many members, mostly new members, come here for advice from you, the experts, on hardware.  The Hardware Forums is an excellent opportunity for our computer experts to visit and try to help their fellow members.  The Hardware Forums are where you will get the best advice and assistance relating to hardware. 

Best regards,

Jim 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim thank you for a very complete response. I have just visited the hardware forum and better understand the logic. 

Terry