Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Logbook P3Dv4 Working?

I'd like to hear from a few of you on if your P3Dv4 logbook appears to be working.  The logbook is now opened via the Analysis > Pilot Records menu item.  I've noted a problem over in the LM forum and I got one other user also seeing it but there seems to be a much more active crowd here and I would appreciate feedback.

I'm not seeing the ICAO codes for orign and destination on any flight record, and I'm not very confident that the times are correct.  Also, the landing location appears to be incorrect as well.  I started digging into the new v4 logbook.bin to update the LogEdit application when I started noticing problems and I want to make sure the problems are real.

Dan Downs KCRP

I tried this one of p3dv3 and I got  chinese character !

somebody has a solution to take back the p3dv3's  logbook ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

My logbook is not working in P#DV4  to, Same problem with not showing ICAO code for take off or Landing airports.

Or not correct ( only two letters showing) displaying ICAO codes. 

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

On 6/2/2017 at 11:39 AM, downscc said:

I'd like to hear from a few of you on if your P3Dv4 logbook appears to be working.  The logbook is now opened via the Analysis > Pilot Records menu item.  I've noted a problem over in the LM forum and I got one other user also seeing it but there seems to be a much more active crowd here and I would appreciate feedback.

I'm not seeing the ICAO codes for orign and destination on any flight record, and I'm not very confident that the times are correct.  Also, the landing location appears to be incorrect as well.  I started digging into the new v4 logbook.bin to update the LogEdit application when I started noticing problems and I want to make sure the problems are real.

I opened up v4 logbook with logedit and had spacing between the letters, unlike with v3 which worked good. Haven't opened up the logbook in the sim yet thou.

1 hour ago, bills511 said:

I opened up v4 logbook with logedit and had spacing between the letters, unlike with v3 which worked good. Haven't opened up the logbook in the sim yet thou.

The P3Dv4 Pilot Records UI will not work with v3 format logbook.bin. I decomposed the logbook.bin format used for v4 and found that they have not modified the binary format to accommodate UTF-16 encoded ASCII.  I reported this in the LM forum and LM acknowledged that they "will look into it."  I expect the Pilot Records UI is broken until v4.1.  Once they fix it, then I can update my LogEdit logbook editor to work in FSX, P3Dv1-3 and v4 but that may be a few months.

Dan Downs KCRP

43 minutes ago, downscc said:

The P3Dv4 Pilot Records UI will not work with v3 format logbook.bin. I decomposed the logbook.bin format used for v4 and found that they have not modified the binary format to accommodate UTF-16 encoded ASCII.  I reported this in the LM forum and LM acknowledged that they "will look into it."  I expect the Pilot Records UI is broken until v4.1.  Once they fix it, then I can update my LogEdit logbook editor to work in FSX, P3Dv1-3 and v4 but that may be a few months.

Good to know they're looking into it. Thanks Dan

Logbook P3Dv4 not working at all after latest hotfix. Records in 'book' stay zero. Any suggestions?

Leon G

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

After installation hotfix still issues with ICAO codes in Pilot Records P3D v4.

Wrong codes, for example cam9 for CYVR.

Jac

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

I also have Chinese characters in some of my logbook entries. That said, as long as the sim is not impacted, I don't really care about the log book. Don't really use it. Right now mine is about as worthless as can be anyway what with my P3D v4 experiments as I become acclimated.

Delete or backup the logbook.bin file in your appdata\roaming\lockheed martin\prepared v4 folder.  Let P3D build a new one.

I completed a flight yesterday KSFO PHNL in PMDG 744 and that one flight record looked okay, and that is the first complete flight I've done since the hotfix.

Dan Downs KCRP

After archiving then deleting my v4 bin file (probably corrupted by manually correcting each flight in Dan's utility, I too was able to correctly save logbook files. It doesn't seem to like manually entering ICAO codes, but I'll try copy/pasting later and see if that works.

The v4 native interface is sort of cute looking with the page flip animation, but I prefer the spreadsheet look that Dan's utility provided. Up 'till v4, that is.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Herman, I don't have any problem with the P3Dv4 Pilot Records UI when starting from a new logbook.bin file.  In fact, I had to use it to help validate my decomposition of the binary format, which is done now and I am in the process of fixing the one know bug I had in LogEdit2 with FSX comments.  This task is helping me get back up to speed on an application I coded over 2 yrs ago... a slow process I am afraid.  Thank goodness I've always self-documented with extensive comments.

Dan Downs KCRP