Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

XP-11 GPS shows no water

I understand that XP-11 is supposed to model the Garmin GNS530. Why can't I see water (rivers, lakes, the sea)? I am also missing roads, railways and probably some other stuff. This seriously limits the usefulness of the map view. Is it a configuration setting? And if so, where can I find it?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

I understand that XP-11 is supposed to model the Garmin GNS530. Why can't I see water (rivers, lakes, the sea)? I am also missing roads, railways and probably some other stuff. This seriously limits the usefulness of the map view. Is it a configuration setting? And if so, where can I find it?

There are no rivers etc. shown.

On the plus side, you get SIDs, STARs and Approaches.

If you need more, you should have a look at RealityXP's GNS530.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

If that's how it's meant to be then it's a bit sad. It's basic functionality, I'd have thought. Yes, the RXP is nice (I have the FSX one) but it doubles the price of the sim, even if you only want one :( I will probably end up buying it if I stick with X-Plane - at least the interface for hardware buttons and switches looks better thought-out than the FSX one. On the other hand itseems bad form that they have now officially abandoned support for the FSX products, despite still selling them at full price.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Mark,

As a relatively new XP user, I too am missing the ability to show terrain on the GPS like FSX had (and P3D still does).  I'm not sure if the real life garmin has this option or not.  But, XP has other advantages that I'm enjoying :-)

15 minutes ago, jhelix70 said:

I'm not sure if the real life garmin has this option or not

Given that the Reality-XP GNS530 does and is based on the Garmin Trainer emulator, I think we can assume it does. But yes, at the moment XP shows promise next to FSX, at least. I have yet to try P3D, particularly since LINDA needs to catch up before I will be able to get my Twin Otter cockpit flying in V4.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Some planes have terrain/water like from sgiercom, some Carenado and others I forgot which.