Sign in to follow this  
captain420

8-14 FPS sitting at airport in P3D v4?

lodestar, thanks for your settings. I will try with terrain shadows off and compare the results. My goal is to be able to at least achieve 15+ fps while sitting at the airport, then I should be good.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I can't test it with 747, since i don't own P3D version yet, but i'm getting maximum of 30fps(locked)all the time with planes which were fps heavy in all other MSFS based sims. This with all available ORBX products, FSDT, AS2016 + ASCA, etc. I thought you can use my settings as a starting point and then gradually increase them. 

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Ok, that's not correct either, the setting is TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP.  If you have high resolution terrain checked (which you do in your screenshots) then you are essentially operating with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9. if "Use High-Resolution terrain textures" is not checked then any TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP you specify will be ignored (essentially at default which is TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8).

Also, some graphics settings require that you exit and restart P3D.

The V4 Autogen Draw Distance of Very High is higher than what P3D V3 supported (i.e. more AG is rendered - if you are running Orbx NorCal that's going to be a considerable amount of AG).

SSAA was not an option in V3, this is a new AA option for V4.

If you compare Apples to Apples, V4 performs about 15-20% better than V3.  So 15 FPS in V3 with 15-20% improvement is 17-18 FPS in V4 ... not going to be very noticeable when your base FPS is already very low.  So not sure what your expectations were/are.

As far as HiFi AS16/ASCA V4 public beta, I'm using Full Dynamics in ASCA and not having any performance issues.  But like I said the big FPS consumers in your scenario are: 

• Orbx NorCal
  • PMDG 747
  • FB KSFO

Moving to XP11 will definitely not solve your performance problems, especially if you like 4XSSAA and 4K resolution (I typically see 50-70% lower FPS in XP11 with similar graphics settings and add-ons). XP11 can look pretty good (especially night time), but it definitely needs more processing power than P3D V4.  There are some tweaks you can make with XP11 (like disable 3D water) to recover performance but your back at square one with working on visual compromises regardless of platform of choice.

Cheers, Rob.

Ok

But why am i seing more shimmering and jaggies at addon airports in v4 with same settings in v3 in 4k was crisper usinf 4msaa

Content deleted

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 6/6/2017 at 0:41 PM, captain420 said:

Okay, I played around with a lot of adjustments to the settings and found out the biggest one that caused the FPS drop. It's the cloud draw density. I lowered it down one notch from MAX to HIGH and that gave me a huge fps increase. Somehow the clouds need to be more optimized either LM or Active Sky has to fix this issue. This is the FPS killer right here.

100% this the issue i am currently.having 

Tried it again yesterday.

Sitting at FB KSFO with Orbx stuff (but no ORBX region) and AS16, light clouds, I get around 50 FPS with the PMDG 777, around 35 in the VC.

Settings can be found here: