Sign in to follow this  
captain420

8-14 FPS sitting at airport in P3D v4?

15 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

As far as HiFi AS16/ASCA V4 public beta, I'm using Full Dynamics in ASCA and not having any performance issues.  But like I said the big FPS consumers in your scenario are: 

I thought they said the automatic injection systems weren't working yet with ASCA?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

I thought they said the automatic injection systems weren't working yet with ASCA?

I thought the same, they said that this was something they're currently working on as it's buggy.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This guy is one of the situations I predicted where the day one frenzy would just hit a roadblock whenever addons where released for v4...he just thought 64 bit would resolve his issues...

as Rob said:

"If you compare Apples to Apples, V4 performs about 15-20% better than V3.  So 15 FPS in V3 with 15-20% improvement is 17-18 FPS in V4 ... not going to be very noticeable when your base FPS is already very low.  So not sure what your expectations were/are"

you just have to administer graphics in v4 so as to match v3 and start from there...people just tend to go extreme on the simulator and then start ranting...its really annoying

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Cry me a river. The product haven't been out more than two weeks and whine whine whine. 

Anybody that spends a cent on something has all the right to whine whine whine.

Let the guy blow-out steam.

• Upvote 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So you guys cramp up the sim with all addons, heavy overcast, 4K and all sliders right. And then are surprised by 15 FPS?

:-)

Nice.... Poor LM. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Anybody that spends a cent on something has all the right to whine whine whine.

Let the guy blow-out steam.

While I agree to a certain degree, he made it sound like his platform is entirely unusable and his entire world is about to collapse.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

While I agree to a certain degree, he made it sound like his platform is entirely unusable and his entire world is about to collapse.

lol...fair enough!

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

If you look, my settings are not cranked up to the max... they are fairly reasonable. I am looking for a middle ground here that will offer me decent performance and good visual immersion. I am asking for help, not looking for useless posts. If it's annoying then why bother to reply. That kind of response isn't useful and isn't going to help me or others here who are in the same boat. If there's anything that's annoying, it's posts like yours that offer no benefit to the community whatsoever.

Anyways, back on topic. Yes, the full dynamic ASCA feature seems to be broken. As of now, I'm sitting at the airport, and the it seems to inject rain into the sim, but it repeatedly stops and adds it back in again. Another thing is, Active Sky recommends to set the sim's cloud draw distance to maximum or else it won't accurately be able to depict the weather properly or something. It popped up with this window when my sim was loading. I'll experiment more. 

• Upvote 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Dynamic lightning = OFF  If you turn it on you loose FPS. On Very High - EXTREME High settings in autogen, with all the other things almost maxed out + 8x SSAA I get with my GTX 1060  even in Los Angeles and NYC now 25-30 fps. Maybe 22 - 25 fps only when approaching LAX under 1000 feet. In every other area in the world and airport I get 35 - 50 fps. And above 10.000 feet 50 - 60 fps all the time, even with cloud cover and AS16.

I found the perfect mix now I think, I tried to put everything on max and made screenshots. I dont see any major difference in graphics quality but back to 10 - 15 fps. So I will stick to this settings now.

Aaron take your time. Breathe slowly. Start your settings from min to max and note the results. Use the same reference aircraft and airport.

It takes time but you will be rewarded.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Pierre

"Reasonable"... the fps say something else :-)

Got to say it isn't rocket science, just reduce all your settings down to the basics so everything runs fast and smoothly and then start pushing sliders and settings up gradually until the balance is found. There is no compulsion to run everything far right, we have years for hardware to enable that without slowdown.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Moving to XP11 will definitely not solve your performance problems, especially if you like 4XSSAA and 4K resolution (I typically see 50-70% lower FPS in XP11 with similar graphics settings and add-ons). XP11 can look pretty good (especially night time), but it definitely needs more processing power than P3D V4.  There are some tweaks you can make with XP11 (like disable 3D water) to recover performance but your back at square one with working on visual compromises regardless of platform of choice.

Absolutely agree even huge step for better performance in latest beta, flying around NY in default C172 is mostly slide show with max autogen, it is more smooth, but frames are comparable to P3D.

58 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If you have high resolution terrain checked (which you do in your screenshots) then you are essentially operating with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9. if "Use High-Resolution terrain textures" is not checked then any TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP you specify will be ignored (essentially at default which is TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8).

Thanks Rob... I didn't realize that (but it makes perfect sense).  My poor little GTX770 about popped a chip when I checked that box and re-started.  Incidentally, I can attest that even 2G VRAM provides very good performance in P3Dv4 as long as I take it easy on the reflections, lighting, and shadows options.  The 770 even handles 4xSSAA pretty well as long as it's not too cloudy.

39 minutes ago, captain420 said:

If you look, my settings are not cranked up to the max... they are fairly reasonable

You can try my settings, works great for me and you have a better system

ZzwrEPk.jpg

tF5RX3r.jpg

1ZcWjv6.jpg

TnSK5Dw.jpg

The only difference is that i now use shadow quality set to medium, since it doesn't have FPS impact.

I didn't realy tested it with V4, but you have terrain shadows enabled, this has allways been a biggest FPS killer