signmanbob

Black Displays in VC

Hello,

I installed the 777 into P3Dv.4 and the aircraft loads up good, but all of my displays are black.  If I click on them to bring them up as a pop-up, the displays are working.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have they released a v4 installer? The displays use dlls that have to be recompiled in 64 bit

Edit: Ah yes I see they have. Not sure sorry 

10 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

Hello,

I installed the 777 into P3Dv.4 and the aircraft loads up good, but all of my displays are black.  If I click on them to bring them up as a pop-up, the displays are working.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Bob

Did you get things working Bob?

9 hours ago, downscc said:

Hello Dan,

No, not yet.  I am to start P3Dv3 and see if I am having the same problem with it.

Thank you,

Bob

13 hours ago, downscc said:

Ok, I got it working good now.  I did a "Repair" on it with the PMDG installer.  It's working perfect now! :biggrin:

9 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

Ok, I got it working good now.  I did a "Repair" on it with the PMDG installer.  It's working perfect now! :biggrin:

Fantastic, I had to run a repair for texture problems once about a year or so ago.  In as much as I am a daily user (this is my addiction) there are events that happen with textures that seem totally catywampus but do indeed happen on rare occasion.  Perhaps a little quantum event.

10 hours ago, downscc said:

Fantastic, I had to run a repair for texture problems once about a year or so ago.  In as much as I am a daily user (this is my addiction) there are events that happen with textures that seem totally catywampus but do indeed happen on rare occasion.  Perhaps a little quantum event.

I believe this is the first time that I have had any problem installing a PMDG aircraft, but that repair fixed everything.  This is my addiction also.  My wife calls it "...that flying mess", but I love it to a fault.  Now with P3Dv.4 it has raised the bar.  Speaking about "bars", I tell her flight simulation beats having me hang out in bars, but I don't know if she really sees the benefit in that either. :biggrin: