Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

When the flight becomes, just...real...

2 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yep...this is very...er..addictive...lol

post some of San Diego , I have Z16 , what source are you using for BC ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

48 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

post some of San Diego , I have Z16 , what source are you using for BC ? 

Apple....

I'm doing Memphis first at z18/19/2  The four tiles surrounding Elvis's stomping grounds also being generated via Apple. I usually run BI, but am always for now, exploring and experimenting the visuals. The beauty of all this...is that you can re-cut with anything, at any time, any zl factor...total control by the user.  What a program!

I'll post San Diego, after generating and seeing how it looks. I do wonder though, if 'detail' gets captured truly, in having to compress, and resize my screen shots, as I have to.  I run a near 4K visual, but when I upload, I have to really re-size down over 20-25 percent to even have host sites accept the upload. That's a bummer, but I can understand their hosting bandwidth.  Even my shots that opened up this thread, had to be re-sized by about 10 percent loss, to be accepted, and that was at z17!

I will certainly tell you, Zulfiqar, that nobody viewing these uploads of mine, are seeing the true absolutely breath-taking resolution and the reality of the scene below my simulated wings, as I am.

Zulfiqar...it is simply the most stunning thing in my flight simulation, that has ever graced my computer screen...and especially at Ultra-Wide resolutions and scope. Simply stunning, leaving an Ultra-Wide smile upon the kisser, the entire flight.

I'll post with as little an adulteration of the actual screen capture as I can...but just to let you and others know...visual loss (acuity), with size reduction and compression is happening, in the upload to the host, and then onto Avism server. No way around it, unfortunately.

I am truly amazed with how they have to date, the Laminar Team, have still given me the ability with optomizing XP11, to run a serious study-level full featured glass cockpit with SkyView, like the 550 and Panthera, over this gorgeous life-like scenery, and yet have smooth stutter-free animation, while operating those birds, and taking to flight over this ground cover....amazing, actually.

Have you been generating tiles in India?

Mitch

27 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Apple....

I'm doing Memphis first at z18/19/2

I'll post San Diego, after generating and seeing how it looks. I do wonder though, if 'detail' gets captured truly, in having to compress, and resize my screen shots, as I have to.  I run a near 4K visual, but when I upload, I have to really re-size down over 20-25 percent to even have host sites accept the upload. That's a bummer, but I can understand their hosting bandwidth.  Even my shots that opened up this thread, had to be re-sized by about 10 percent loss, to be accepted, and that was at z17!

I will certainly tell you, Humpty, that nobody viewing these uploads of mine, are seeing the true absolutely breath-taking resolution and the reality of the scene below my simulated wings, as I am. Hump...it is simply the most stunning thing in my flight simulation, that has ever graced my computer screen...and especially at Ultra-Wide resolutions and scope. Simply stunning, leaving an Ultra-Wide smile upon the kisser, the entire flight.

I'll post what as little an adulteration of the actual screen capture as I can...but just to let you and others know...visual loss (acuity), with size reduction and compression is happening, in the upload to the host, and then onto Avism server. No way around it, unfortunately.

I am truly amazed with how they have to date, the Laminar Team, have still given me the ability with optomizing XP11, to run a serious study-level full featured glass cockpit with SkyView, like the 550 and Panthera, over this gorgeous life-like scenery, and yet have smooth stutter-free animation, while operating those birds, and taking to flight over this ground cover....amazing, actually.

Mitch

Yes mitch the quality degrades when you upload but tbh it still shows what it can look in the sim. I run It on a laptop so the resolution Is very low but with the lighting of XP11 it stuns you with the orthos below . so running on a 4k would put you almost there :).

1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Yes mitch the quality degrades when you upload but tbh it still shows what it can look in the sim. I run It on a laptop so the resolution Is very low but with the lighting of XP11 it stuns you with the orthos below . so running on a 4k would put you almost there :).

From the get-go Zulfiqar, this has been the most amazing flight simulation experience yet.  I mean..I am seriously considering abandoning P3D and FSX entirely, my $$$ collection of Orbx scenery titles, et all.  It is so HARD to go back to synthetic texture library sourced skins, with landclass...when you can seriously have scenery generated by real-world satellite high-resolution sources.  It's hard....and especially with great OSM auto-gen 3D being placed on top of that high-def!!!!  Put XP11 roadways, highways, the lighting system, 3D Gate-Way sourced airports, on top of simply KILLER visuals...and you think you have died and gone to simulation heaven...

That's what's happening now, in my Den. Even my wife has been involved with this hobby, since she saw Myrtle Beach, and in seconds, was pointing to; "Hon..isn't that THAT...that, THIS?"  I kept nodding.."Yes Ma'am, it is!"

She is now a flight simulation buff...and I just cut my sim time in the household, down by er...let me think...about 35 percent access, LOL.   Wait a minute, you idiot..why are you laughing?---->LOL.  Jeez....dummy......:blush:

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

From the get-go Zulfiqar, this has been the most amazing flight simulation experience yet.  I mean..I am seriously considering abandoning P3D and FSX entirely, my $$$ collection of Orbx scenery tiles, et all.  It is so HARD to go back to synthetic texture library sourced skins, with landclass...when you can seriously have scenery generated by real-world satellite high-resolution sources.  It's hard....and especially with great OSM auto-gen 3D being placed on top of that high-def!!!!  Put XP11 roadways, highways, the lighting system, 3D Gate-Way sourced airports, on top of simply KILLER visuals...and you think you have died and gone to simulation heaven...

That's what's happening now, in my Den. Even my wife has been involved with this hobby, since she saw Myrtle Beach, and in seconds, was pointing to; "Hon..isn't that THAT...that, THIS?"  I kept nodding.."Yes Ma'am, it is!"

She is now a flight simulation buff...and I just cut my sim time in the household, down by er...let me think...about 35 percent access, LOL.   Wait a minute, you idiot..why are you laughing?---->LOL.  Jeez....dummy......:blush:

Lol mitch your posts are simply hilarious :) keep it up :biggrin: , nothing comes close to the real thing 

Would love to see Diego and Nevada. 

Okay I caught the bug too! Working my way through Western Europe at z16, which is fine for tubeliner. X-Plane looks so good with the ortho + overlays, I don't know why I waited so long lol

1 hour ago, deetee said:

Okay I caught the bug too! Working my way through Western Europe at z16, which is fine for tubeliner. X-Plane looks so good with the ortho + overlays, I don't know why I waited so long lol

Watch out for the LOL...and for goodness sakes, don't let your wife or girlfriend, see that ortho, or you'll be kicked outta the chair... ;)

z16 is fine for tubes... :)  All FL flights... :)

I hope these servers don't put in a throttle on these downloads :ohmy:

4 minutes ago, N1G said:

I hope these servers don't put in a throttle on these downloads :ohmy:

Get in there, like a dirty shirt....:)))))))

As soon as I decided to go whole hog....I upgraded to an unlimited-smorgasbord download-bandwidth per month.

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Lol mitch your posts are simply hilarious :) keep it up :biggrin: , nothing comes close to the real thing 

Would love to see Diego and Nevada. 

Nothing much interests me in Nevada, BUT....I am simultaneously creating 4 tiles around Denver, at zl18/19/2 (BI) at the same time as the 4 around Memphis.  I'd say that the Apple server is 1/4, or even 1/8th the speed in .jpg retrieval for zl18/19, than BI. I have only 1 1/2 tiles generated around Memphis so far.  Very slow with Apple as the source location.

Ok, got two tiles generated from Apple content. Ended the session, way too slow.  Now am finishing off the other two tiles, same zl formula, but with BI.  That way, I can fly from one tile through the border to the other, and A/B compare the visuals from these two sources. That should prove interesting.

I agree...this program has opened the virtual door to our imagination. I have used it to create Illinois, Kansas, South Florida and Southern California. I do have a question that I might already know the answer. I love the visual but I don't want anything OTHER than roads in the overlays? I just find the trees, houses, etc. too cartoonish. Short of creating Exclusion Zones in WED and then importing them instead of the ones created in Ortho, is there something I am missing? I love the fact that for free we can create scenery that use to cost me $30 on average PER state with other sims. Thanks in advance for any help.

10 hours ago, dvlourie said:

I agree...this program has opened the virtual door to our imagination. I have used it to create Illinois, Kansas, South Florida and Southern California. I do have a question that I might already know the answer. I love the visual but I don't want anything OTHER than roads in the overlays? I just find the trees, houses, etc. too cartoonish. Short of creating Exclusion Zones in WED and then importing them instead of the ones created in Ortho, is there something I am missing? I love the fact that for free we can create scenery that use to cost me $30 on average PER state with other sims. Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe that you have to figure out a way to defeat OSM, perhaps in the .cfg file...not sure.  I know what you mean...it WOULD be great to just have vector road traffic and the roads, lights...perhaps Tony can jump in here...:)

For myself...I haven't looked at what z18/19/2 looks like yet...just about to...and if I really think, there is a major difference in visual acuity, and depth as with using this zoom setting over my default z17/19/2...then I think while the getting's good...that I will invest in as much storage as will be required, to completely transform XP11, at perhaps z18/19/2, which will last me a life time, with XP11 and beyond. Sometimes er...parties come to an end, and you have to make hay, while the sun still shines...if you get my drift...  I'm not going to lose this opportunity, only because I might initially, balk at any storage costs for this project. Nope...this is my hobby, and my wife knows how important it is for me.  She leaves me alone....

Well folks, in my personal opinion, there is not such a great boost to detail and clarity, between z17 to z18 as there is between z16, then going to z17.  

zl17 is truly the very dead-on, 'sweet spot' for ortho generation.  Not a tremendous storage hit, for the HUGE difference in visuals, between it, and the lower res, z16.  zl17 is most highly recommended, if you want to get the absolute best out of your ortho experience.

z18....not so.  I'm recutting all my z18 tiles right now, as I type, to z17/19/2 and will be happy with it.  For the bigger storage hit...z18 is a fail/yawn....   z17 is the ticket!

• Upvote 1

Here is a shot of zl18, just outside and south of Memphis, Tenn:

It is very clear and detailed...and I suggest you double click on this pic to exactly see that detail of the property below the wing...and the fields....but honestly,  z17 is not that much less...and a heck of lot less storage space required to host the tile.  But...this is wonderful...as I head further south, with the 4 tiles generated in this z18 series...

Cessna_172_SP_2.png