Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Reshade, urp1.1, pta, envtex, asca, p3dv4 settings=?

Hey guys,  What is everyone using to get the most realistic environment in p3dv4?  I have tried them all, mix matched, adjusted monitor settings, display settings, different presets, u name it.  I just can't seem to find a good balance between day and night.  Thoughts?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good question. I've been using Rex Overdrive textures in v4. However Envtex has an option to use ASCA as part of their texture package. I can't stand the clouds of Envtex but otherwise like their other textures. Rex textures I far prefer because there are just a lot and particularly the variations in clouds. I'd like someone to convince me I should be going with ASCA because I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

You're talking about something that is visual and would only be relevant to you. There are so many pissibilities with each addon and then when you combine them.......

Just accept the defaults for each and SLOWLY make changes to only one at a time and see if you like it. For me, I leave them at their defaults and it looks just fantastic.

Vic

I have been using ASCA clouds with Envtex sky textures in Full Dynamics mode. I also use PTA with the 'Thopat' profile that I edited a little bit to suit my tastes more.  I no longer use Reshade as PTA has made it irrelevant for P3D and I did not see much benefit to URP.  Endless possibilities but really enjoying how P3Dv4 is looking right now....