EuroTruckGuy

HELP! FSX vs X-Plane 11

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am having trouble deciding if I should switch to X plane 11 from FSX:SE. I already own X-Plane 11 (I received a free copy from FlightSimCon2017), and I have installed a few free add-ons for it.

I have been using FSX for a while, and I would hate to leave all my add-ons (ORBX, Aerosoft a320, payware airports, and more) to switch to X-Plane. 

I have taken a few screenshots at gate A18 at EDDF in both sims to use as a comparison. Keep in mind that I have the Aerosoft EDDF add-on in FSX, and X-Plane 11 comes default with the Aerosoft EDDF.

Thanks,

David

 

PS- my fps in x-plane is ~25, while in FSX, its ~35.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

28 minutes ago, EuroTruckGuy said:

Hello,

I am having trouble deciding if I should switch to X plane 11 from FSX:SE. I already own X-Plane 11 (I received a free copy from FlightSimCon2017), and I have installed a few free add-ons for it.

I have been using FSX for a while, and I would hate to leave all my add-ons (ORBX, Aerosoft a320, payware airports, and more) to switch to X-Plane. 

I have taken a few screenshots at gate A18 at EDDF in both sims to use as a comparison. Keep in mind that I have the Aerosoft EDDF add-on in FSX, and X-Plane 11 comes default with the Aerosoft EDDF.

Thanks,

David

 

PS- my fps in x-plane is ~25, while in FSX, its ~35.

 

What's the emergency. use both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use X-Plane 11 and Prepar3d (removed FSX a few years back).  I'd keep both if I were you, but invest enough time in Xplane to learn what it has to offer and how to add custom scenery etc. Try out some of excellent freeware and learn how to use some of the many free tools such as Ortho4xp, W2XP, WED and Overlay Editor.  I've been spending most of my time in Xplane since doing this and find it hard to go back to Prepar3d, even with its years & $$$ in addons. Xplane gives me the greatest sense of immersion, especially over scenery created with Ortho4XP and W2XP.  I also enjoy how easy it is to tweak and customize the scenery myself, once I got past the initial learning curve. Having said that, both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, so switch back and forth, depending on your mood and the type of flying you want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

I use X-Plane 11 and Prepar3d (removed FSX a few years back).  I'd keep both if I were you, but invest enough time in Xplane to learn what it has to offer and how to add custom scenery etc. Try out some of excellent freeware and learn how to use some of the many free tools such as Ortho4xp, W2XP, WED and Overlay Editor.  I've been spending most of my time in Xplane since doing this and find it hard to go back to Prepar3d, even with its years & $$$ in addons. Xplane gives me the greatest sense of immersion, especially over scenery created with Ortho4XP and W2XP.  I also enjoy how easy it is to tweak and customize the scenery myself, once I got past the initial learning curve. Having said that, both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, so switch back and forth, depending on your mood and the type of flying you want to do.

Thanks for the help! I currently have many free sceneries installed, mostly by MisterX (You've probably heard of him). I also have the Zibo 737 mod installed, along with HeadShake. I'm interested in Ortho4XP, but it takes up a ton of space for multiple regions, so I might have to postpone that one for a while. I actually just did a test flight in the 737 with MisterX KBOS installed, and everything about X-Plane really is amazing, except for the Aliasing. I have it set on 4X, and everything is still really jagged. Do you know how I could tweak this without losing too many fps?

 

Thanks again,

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EuroTruckGuy said:

I have it set on 4X, and everything is still really jagged. Do you know how I could tweak this without losing too many fps?

With my older GTX780 graphics card, that is the best I can do without compromising FPS too much, but I find it looks decent.  The only tweak is a more powerful graphics card. A 1070 is probably the best performance to price ratio at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

With my older GTX780 graphics card, that is the best I can do without compromising FPS too much, but I find it looks decent.  The only tweak is a more powerful graphics card. A 1070 is probably the best performance to price ratio at the moment.

Thanks, I guess i'll be sticking with my GTX1050ti for now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh? what kind of question is that?!!!

You have both, so use both. Why do you have to ask that on a forum?

.....or get rid of both & get P3D!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now