Sign in to follow this  
chote

Crash in the simulator, error ntdll.dll with the 474 P3D V4

On 6/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Any time I've run into this, it's been compatibility with other add ons, like the FSDT add-on manager (haha - Dan beat me to it), an old version of FSUIPC, or some other peripheral add-on. Ours is indifferent to the HF, so it's unlikely that it's coming from us, despite the "commonality" of both being in PMDG products.

It could also be a graphics driver. That faulting module is incredibly vague.

Wonder if you can shed light on my CTD, Still getting these about 5 to  6 hours in flight. All PMDG products fully updated. Says it was ntdll.dll. 

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.0.28.21686
Application Timestamp:    594a7255
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_f04d
Fault Module Version:    10.0.14393.479
Fault Module Timestamp:    5825887f
Exception Code:    c0000374
Exception Offset:    PCH_E0_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A6C24
OS Version:    10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    f04d
Additional Information 2:    f04d669b620c98ba4a740d38bfbad151
Additional Information 3:    4489
Additional Information 4:    44897abb5047a399ff26860ff314661b

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    61685dc7d2271aeea9db5582b30412f4 (120787450406)

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

And I'm not the only one with this problem. Others have it as well. There is something with this latest P3Dv4 build that is not getting along well with PMDG software. 

Eric, you have a thread open and I am trying to help you but if you are convinced that it is PMDG causing your ntdll.dll error then there's nothing I can do to help you. good luck.

The report you posted indicates a stackhash error.... this happens when the operating system has no idea which module cause the exception and it is providing a hash code of the stack contents for a debugger to do a trace.  You have much to learn before you become qualified to determine what is causing your crashes, and you haven't been responding to help from the forum.  I highly recommend you work exclusively with PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

50 minutes ago, downscc said:

Eric, you have a thread open and I am trying to help you but if you are convinced that it is PMDG causing your ntdll.dll error then there's nothing I can do to help you. good luck.

The report you posted indicates a stackhash error.... this happens when the operating system has no idea which module cause the exception and it is providing a hash code of the stack contents for a debugger to do a trace.  You have much to learn before you become qualified to determine what is causing your crashes, and you haven't been responding to help from the forum.  I highly recommend you work exclusively with PMDG Product Support.

Okay, this debugger, is there a freeware program to run this stack hash error through? 

Eric