Sign in to follow this  

XP11 26% off

Thanks for the info.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Wonder why they never have discounts on the standalone X-Plane? I quite like Steam and have bought X-Plane 10 on that platform (also on sale), but find that things like loading extra regions are a bit problematic as it wouldn't re-install from backups, and re-downloads several GB of data each time. I'm sure that with the standalone, you download a region once and can then quickly re-install from a download or backup. But that is really the only negative about the Steam version of X-Plane and maybe I'm doing something wrong and would be most happy if someone can correct me.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

23 hours ago, rooitou said:

Wonder why they never have discounts on the standalone X-Plane? I quite like Steam and have bought X-Plane 10 on that platform (also on sale), but find that things like loading extra regions are a bit problematic as it wouldn't re-install from backups, and re-downloads several GB of data each time. I'm sure that with the standalone, you download a region once and can then quickly re-install from a download or backup. But that is really the only negative about the Steam version of X-Plane and maybe I'm doing something wrong and would be most happy if someone can correct me.

Steam has backup option.  Look into your settings.  I also make copy of the steamapps folder and restoring is a breeze.  Took advantage of the sale yesterday.  In the past, Steam is slower in making beta release available, but it's no longer the case.  Plus with XPlane, 3rd Party vendor just needs to know where your install is, making using add-ons bought elsewhere easy.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 2017-06-30 at 10:23 AM, ORDspotter said:

Is it possible to get a boxed version of X-plane 11 anywhere?

Yes. The Aerosoft Edition also includes the following three Airports: Lugano, Toulouse and Weeze free.  http://www.aerosoft.com/en/xplane/simulator/

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

What is the benefit in getting it thru. steam over downloading it somewhere else. Outside of the sale price?