Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Another small 747 update

1 minute ago, jgoggi said:

Ok, the only statement that can be considered and that maybe I overlooked (sorry) is

" Each time, I have noted that it is being looked into. This means that we have people on the team actively looking into, and attempting to fix, it."

All the others are in the form "it's being looked at", but you know much better than I, that am not english mother tongue, that "it's being looked at" is used in place of "it's going to be looked at", or "it will be looked at", so it may give the idea of something that is going to be checked in the future...

Ok, I stop here, even if this does not mean that I can not ask for an update in the near future... Now I am bugged even more by those damn landing lights that drop my fps by half when switched on...

James,

I understand that when English is not your first language it is hard to grasp different phrases and their meanings. Generally (and in this case), when Kyle says "it's being looked at", he means it is being worked on, someone in PMDG is working on it to find the solution. It's doesn't mean "it's in the queue".

I think you've ruffled a few feathers with this because you've kept bringing it up so frequently. If I can make a suggestion, if you haven't heard anything more about it in 2 months time (end of August), then bring it up again politely, respectfully, and without pointing the finger and blaming PMDG. I know you want it fixed, but PMDG are trying their best to fix it. It will be ready when it's ready.

Have you considered, that PMDG made the landing lights extra hard on FPS, so you'd have something else to fixate on? 
(Said with a slight ironic tone of voice)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

when Kyle says "it's being looked at", he means it is being worked on, someone in PMDG is working on it to find the solution. It's doesn't mean "it's in the queue".

No, that's just what I said, in this form it may not be 100% clear that it's like you said... Anyway ok.

8 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Have you considered, that PMDG made the landing lights extra hard on FPS, so you'd have something else to fixate on? 
(Said with a slight ironic tone of voice)

Yes, look at the last part of my message ;-)

James Goggi

5 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Dear Captain Kevin, since you keep saying this, please find one reply by Kyle or the developers where they clearly say that they are working at this issue *at present* and that it is not an easy issue to fix. If you find it, then I will shut up until the fix comes out, but if you don't find it (I repeat, it must be a *clear* statement that they are dealing with it but it's not easy, not just that they have it in their list and will deal with it no one knows when...), then please stop attacking my claims with useless replies. Thank you.

Literally the last post in the following thread, which, after your posts, actually got the thread locked:

Key words:

"It was literally being worked on last weekend, and continues to be worked on."

And....

"I have, and no single person on this team has, ever claimed that this is a minor bug. If it were minor, it would have been fixed well before now. Simple code fixes are simple code fixes. What you may be (and I would, at this point, argue 'intentionally') misinterpreting is that we (and others) have mentioned that the issue you're seeing is minor, in the sense that it doesn't affect the usability of the product, your obsessive compulsions aside."

There you go. Happy? I could go on, but Chris pretty much covered it, so I'm not going to waste my time, but it only took me all of about two seconds to find the last post about it.

5 hours ago, jgoggi said:

but you know much better than I, that am not english mother tongue

Actually, I don't know that unless you tell me.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Disregard.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.