topcat_1952

Megascenery Earth Install Manager virus

Ever since MegaScenery Earth modified the Install Manager to recognize P3D V4, the file will not download or if it does, will not unzip. I am getting a message from Windows Defender (running Windows 10) that it contains a trojan virus. I have had to use an older version of Install Manager and load the scenery using V3 and then manually connect to V4. Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? This happened when downloading the files for Oregon V3 and Virginia V3.

Denny Knepper

Newville, PA USA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried just copying the MSE part of your p3dv3 scenery cfg into the v4 scenery cfg. That's all I did and re-numbered them as per the book. works fine and only one installation of MSE.

13 minutes ago, gingerterry said:

Have you tried just copying the MSE part of your p3dv3 scenery cfg into the v4 scenery cfg. That's all I did and re-numbered them as per the book. works fine and only one installation of MSE.

+1 

Exactly what I did too..

I also get trojan and other warnings when accessing the exe's associated with megascenery earth.. this never occured before though.

Report the false positive to Microsoft. I use Norton and nothing bad identified.