Sign in to follow this  
jasonboche

TAXI2GATE KSEA and P3D v4

I am extremely disappointed with Taxi2Gate and the lack of communication coming from them in regards to P3D v4. I own 8 of their airports and so far I have seen no offical word from them regarding their plans for their library of add-ons. 

I am not going to install anything into the sim unless it has a proper installer and is reworked for the new sim. 

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

12 hours ago, Flic1 said:

use the addon.xml method of adding them into the sim

So confused on how you do it this way..... 😕

Eric 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

.XML files are basically text files, similar to .INI files which contains settings, configurations, definitions, etc. XML files are formatted throughout with tags. We're dealing with computers here were usually 'close enough' doesn't count so obviously if we get the formatting wrong in the .XML file, it's not going to work right. They aren't overly difficult, but they aren't for the faint of heart either. Knowing what you're doing and attention to detail are key. The easier method would be to wait for your applicable add-on vendor to release an installation kit which does all the heavy lifting for you. In a perfect world where the entire community was prepared for this new release day zero, we won't have to bother with XML.

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

This will do the job for you. The forum for this app is right here at Avsim 

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/addonorganizer_install_p3d_v4_0_99.zip

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/p3dv4_addonorganizer_documentation.pdf

• Upvote 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes you can install the scenery into P3D v4 using some of the work-a-rounds defined in the responses above, but that does not mean that all is well.  Please check out the topic below.    

14 hours ago, frank5678 said:

but that does not mean that all is well. 

I disagree. The work arounds are only to make it compatible with Orbx products, not to force it to work with v4.  I do not have any problems with any of the T2G products; however, product support is sketchy and it seems they have at least 3 different preferred installation choices depending on the product.

Dan Downs KCRP

It was posted on their facebook page that CDG will have a V4 installer within a few days with other scenery to follow.  That's been the only post since their original one saying their scenery should work fine with the old installers.

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

since this seems to be straying into other areas...................

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors