Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Opinion requested for iFly 737NG Prepar3dv4

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Chock said:

See the iFly product page at Flight1's website. If you have the FSX version, you can use a 50% off coupon, before purchase press the "Coupon" button in the main purchase screen.

http://www.flight1.com/coupons/iFly737-P3D-Download-Upgrade.zip

Hi Everyone

Well I clicked on the link at Flight1's website to download the coupon  ... once it had downloaded I couldn't find a program on my PC to open it with .. I tried Adobe Reader and MS Word but it wasn't having any of it  ...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul  

Paul,

I'm not at my flightsim computer at the minute but if I remeber correctly you download the actual product and when you go through the flight one purchase system it asks for the file location of the coupon you downloaded and if it's valid then the discount comes off the purchase price. You don't open the coupon yourself. 

Hope this helps

Steve

Hi Steve

I am a numpty  .. I realised this after I posted my message  ... but thank you for confirming  ....

All downloaded and installed  ... I think I might need to get a hotfix which was released yesterday though

Cheers

Paul 

I can confirm that the Hotfix patch for the iFly in P3D V4 does indeed improve the frame rates quite considerably, in fact it doubled them in the VC on my computer and added about 20 fps on the external views. I don't know what they've done to gain that kind of improvement, but whatever it is, I hope they keep doing it lol.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, Chock said:

I can confirm that the Hotfix patch for the iFly in P3D V4 does indeed improve the frame rates quite considerably, in fact it doubled them in the VC on my computer and added about 20 fps on the external views. I don't know what they've done to gain that kind of improvement, but whatever it is, I hope they keep doing it lol.

Hi Chock

Thank you for that  ..... I will download it later and let you know  ....

Cheers

Paul 

Wound up getting this for P3D. The preflighting as far as weight loading, fuel is cumbersome as you have to do it before you load up the sim. I'm used to doing it in sim via the FMC in the PMDG NGX. The VC graphics are not very good at all from my perspective. PMDGs is much better. Thank goodness for the Flight 1 refund policy. I uninstalled and deleted it. Back to the PMDG NGX. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Hi Eric

I took advantage of the 50% off coupon but I know exactly what you mean re: VC graphics  ... not a patch on the PMDG version

Maybe IFly might take note and improve on this and make it an upgrade patch further down the road!!!

What I do like though is that my GoFlight MCP Pro works straight out the box  .....

Yeah I know Pollypot software should sort the issue out with PMDG but I find it pathetic in this day and age that two 'expensive'  professional products ...  i.e PMDG and GoFlight won't play together nicely from the onset!!

Paul 

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Good news. That might* just convince me to turn from FSX to P3D.

I used the NGX as well in FSX but tried the iFly out of curiosity and for the extra models. Like many, i found the VC more then acceptable if not better from the eye point of view. Better performnance then the NGX as well.

Id use both for sometime. Now I find myself only using the iFly. It seems a more polished product. The 747-8 I'm awaiting with excitement. 

*might. :p

• Upvote 3

On 7/1/2017 at 9:44 PM, Glynn said:

The iFly 737 has the better VC dimensions without a doubt, they really got that bit right, but the PMDG is the better product in every other department.

No it is not "better in every other department". It cannot do proper RNP approaches as the PMDG navdata does not support the required RF leg type. It doesn't even support the AF leg type required for DME ARC approaches. Why PMDG wont implement these is a little baffling especially given that the owner is a RW pilot. Curved RNP approaches are now common place and it is nice to fly them properly rather than tracking direct from fix to fix.

Also with iFly you get the full stable of 737's including 3 BBJs as opposed to having to pay more for other derivatives.

I would suggest giving it a try with the 30 day refund option. But give it time as it really does grow on you and is my fav shorthaul aircraft.

That said the PMDG is a quality product but it is not perfect.

• Upvote 7

Cheers

Steve Hall