Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyJohnJohn

.CFG File locations?

Hi all.

Sorry to be a pest, but wondering if you all can help me and tell me where the scenery.cfg file is in P3D V4?  I have installed what Orbx products are working in P3D V4 and I know they are NOT showing up.  Example, I installed Bowerman airport and I KNOW it is not showing up.  It looks like the default or the FTX Global is over the airport instead.  Do I have to go in and add each individual scenery that I add to the Scenery Library afterward? 

I figured since Orbx Direct had it on their list of items that work, it should work, yes? Thanks everyone again for your help.  Total new sim, been out of simming for a while, just getting back into it.  Thanks for your help in advance everyone. 

If I remember correctly its the following

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

From EGFF to YSSY

Looking for a single CFG (especially that CFG) might well lead down a path of trouble and heartbreak.  Do you know how scenery additions work in V4?  I ask just in case you're not, as it can easily lead to into some serious problems that can result in your having to reinstall the sim.  Poppet as written some great informative pieces on this here on AVSIM and in the Prepar3d forums.

There is also a free tool for adding and managing V4 scenery, and it can back up the many CFG files that come into play with adding/managing scenery in V4.  It's called P3DV4AddonOrganizer.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I can't even find the main p3d config file. It should not be this difficult to find things. Why can't they put all files in the same folder and not have us jumping all around constantly? Just sayin...

C:\users\your name\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4

Addons installed, Documents Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, astroavion said:

I can't even find the main p3d config file. It should not be this difficult to find things. Why can't they put all files in the same folder and not have us jumping all around constantly? Just sayin...

Have you checked the LM Prepar3d forums? There are excellent documents/guides there that explain everything.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.