Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Debug window

Recommended Posts

Ok, now I have a new weird problem.

 

I am climbing through 15000 ft and the screen went grey and the "debug" window is activated. I cant shut it off, and I have no click spots. It eventually sent my screen to black. So I figure I have done 1 of 2 things. Somehow I broke my sim and I cant fix it, OR did I black out due to lack of pressurization?

 

OK so I was able to undock the DEBUG window and pull it to the bottom of the screen, but it wont close out no matter what I do.


Brian A. Neuman

 

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

OR did I black out due to lack of pressurization?

This. Pressurization is available on the plane. It should be used if you want to continue to breathe ;)

EDIT: There's also a key command in the Intro for oxygen use.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. So that wasnt the problem. I cant close the DEBUG window, I attempted to minimize it close it. The only solution was to undock it and grab it to slide it to the bottom. The issue is now, I cant access the AFE or anything else on the side bar. 


Brian A. Neuman

 

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Ok. So that wasnt the problem. I cant close the DEBUG window, I attempted to minimize it close it. The only solution was to undock it and grab it to slide it to the bottom. The issue is now, I cant access the AFE or anything else on the side bar. 

That's something we'll need to look into, but I think the reason it popped up in the first place was lack of pressurization.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like this:

 

Debug_zpswhl3zkdh.jpg


Brian A. Neuman

 

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

It looks like this:

Turns out that we forgot to rename the window, but the window itself is what is simulating the hypoxia.

So, while we probably should've renamed it "SET YOUR PRESSURIZATION PANEL," the main issue here was not setting pressurization. The remedy is either to set your pressurization, or use oxygen.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Turns out that we forgot to rename the window, but the window itself is what is simulating the hypoxia.

So, while we probably should've renamed it "SET YOUR PRESSURIZATION PANEL," the main issue here was not setting pressurization. The remedy is either to set your pressurization, or use oxygen.

Well, that makes me feel much better that I didnt break the plane. I was able to get to the pressurization set and the window went away. So I guess that solves the problem :)


Brian A. Neuman

 

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Well, that makes me feel much better that I didnt break the plane. I was able to get to the pressurization set and the window went away. So I guess that solves the problem :)

Glad it's sorted. Enjoy!


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

(...)

EDIT: There's also a key command in the Intro for oxygen use.

 

Kyle, I found no reference to the oxygen in either the intro doc or the tutorials. That's why I regard hypoxia simulation as an "Easter egg".

 

I tried to trigger the cabin altitude warning (horn), but to no avail. Is that modeled or might be added in an update? Thanks!

 

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Undecided said:

 

Kyle, I found no reference to the oxygen in either the intro doc or the tutorials. That's why I regard hypoxia simulation as an "Easter egg".

 

I tried to trigger the cabin altitude warning (horn), but to no avail. Is that modeled or might be added in an update? Thanks!

 

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

Look in the key shortcuts section near the end, there's a key command for putting on oxygen.


Cheers,
Chris Brand
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Look in the key shortcuts section near the end, there's a key command for putting on oxygen.

Found it, thanks!

A bit unusual that some portions of the text in the intro doc cannot be skimmed over by the search function (keyword search in pdf documents)? Definitely doesn't work for an 'oxygen' keyword search.

But what about the cabin altitude warning horn? Not (yet) implemented or some oversight on my part?

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Undecided said:

Found it, thanks!

A bit unusual that some portions of the text in the intro doc cannot be skimmed over by the search function (keyword search in pdf documents)? Definitely doesn't work for an 'oxygen' keyword search.

But what about the cabin altitude warning horn? Not (yet) implemented or some oversight on my part?

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

As far as I know there is no cabin altitude warning horn on these old birds. This is something added on the newer aircrafts.

 

 


Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The warning horn is mentioned on p. 118 of the POH. But I just noticed that the warning cutout button on the OHP isn't clickable. So no cabin pressure warning modeled, I reckon.

Quite funny to watch, though, that the AFE will faint before I do, perceivable as a vanishing AFE panel that you cannot open again until either cabin pressure is restored or oxygen masks have been donned!   :biggrin:

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

 

EDIT:

Tested the takeoff warning horn - which is implemented - and which would be triggered by the altitude warning switch in case of a high cabin altitude.Should be an easy fix.   :biggrin:


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    45%
    $11,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...