Recommended Posts

I think it is finally solved. I thought switching off verbose on the Aerosoft Airbus had solved it, but it started doing it again...that was probably grasping. Don't want to jinx myself but after unchecking 'enable Optimizations' the problem appears to be fixed. Several flights completed with FO staying with me all the way..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I did jinx myself, it just did it again. I'm out of ideas, i guess there's no fix for this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jimble said:

I did jinx myself, it just did it again. I'm out of ideas, i guess there's no fix for this problem.

To see if it is aircraft specific, suggest you fly a different aircraft once, on the same route.

MCE supports 40 complex aircraft, and at higher depth than products from the competition that are supposedly aimed at specific aircraft.

There are code sections that are only touched when specific aircraft are flown.

If it's only happening with Aerosoft A3X series, it would be easier to focus on that and get it sorted.

If possible, try to remembering the last request you made.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thanks for the reply.

Well, so far it has not happened with the Majestic Dash 8, and has happened once with the Embraer, I will do 10 flights with the Airbus, and keep a diary to see if i can identify a pattern of when it does it (weather, stage of flight, last instruction etc).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have this happening too :( sometimes the FO stops responding. I see the recognized text, but no interaction anymore, DHC 6 from Aerosoft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Deimos said:

i have this happening too :( sometimes the FO stops responding. I see the recognized text, but no interaction anymore, DHC 6 from Aerosoft.

Update to latest V2.7.2.6 here

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am already on that version :( Clive passed out twice this flight, must be my flying. Restarting mce works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deimos said:

I am already on that version :( Clive passed out twice this flight, must be my flying. Restarting mce works

Are you using ATC? Native, RC4 or PF3 or Vatsim?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vatsim is running, but no controller online and nothing was said to the FO before he became unresponsive the second time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deimos said:

vatsim is running, but no controller online and nothing was said to the FO before he became unresponsive the second time

 

Are you using a joystick button to mute MCE (while holding it down) or the <END> keyboard key.

When you hold them down, they suspend MCE reco completely until you release.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no i don't, I did not touch anything on the keyboard and the  only key set is the ptt key on my joystick for atc, will try the end key next time it stalls

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deimos said:

no i don't, I did not touch anything on the keyboard and the  only key set is the ptt key on my joystick for atc, will try the end key next time it stalls

 

That's what I meant.

If you are using the joystick button and the option "UseWithVoxAtc=1" in mce.ini [GAMEPAD], next time the FO goes AWOL, first, try pushing the PTT for a couple of seconds and releasing it.

I take it you're not simulating DEL key via FSUIPC.dll when pressing the specific joystick button.

Another thing you could try, is disable the "Crew coordination" feature, wait 3 sends and re-enable it.

Restart it MCE should be last resort, even if it doesn't affect your flight, which is the most important thing, and that's why we run MCE deliberately as an external process.

Just need to narrow it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had it happen again, this time while checklist reading, all of a sudden my FO wet AWOL. She did not reply right away. This was the first time I noticed it directly when it happened and clicked the client window right away it right away and I got  a standard mce has stopped responding windows error pops up. So I decided to wait it out.

Sure enough the mce client became responsive again after few seconds. But no voice interaction was possible. So I muted my Mike in the client and waited out of a hunch. And what do you now, about a minute later all commands piled in. Not in the right order and this forced further questions by the FO, but another two minutes later she got her composure again for the rest of the flight. I tried both cpu extremes in the client. Did not seem to influence it. But everytime I just waited it out now the FO game back to her senses after approx two to three minutes after starting to ignore me with a bunch of phrases said during that time in tow.

My CPU is an i7 4770k and I am running win 10. The stall out happens independently from p3d having a high or low load. I also cannot see any other process struggling for CPU time as p3d is with 50-60% the main user and no other process is over 3%. So I am really puzzled now by this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Deimos said:

So I had it happen again, this time while checklist reading, all of a sudden my FO wet AWOL. She did not reply right away. This was the first time I noticed it directly when it happened and clicked the client window right away it right away and I got  a standard mce has stopped responding windows error pops up. So I decided to wait it out.

Sure enough the mce client became responsive again after few seconds. But no voice interaction was possible. So I muted my Mike in the client and waited out of a hunch. And what do you now, about a minute later all commands piled in. Not in the right order and this forced further questions by the FO, but another two minutes later she got her composure again for the rest of the flight. I tried both cpu extremes in the client. Did not seem to influence it. But everytime I just waited it out now the FO game back to her senses after approx two to three minutes after starting to ignore me with a bunch of phrases said during that time in tow.

My CPU is an i7 4770k and I am running win 10. The stall out happens independently from p3d having a high or low load. I also cannot see any other process struggling for CPU time as p3d is with 50-60% the main user and no other process is over 3%. So I am really puzzled now by this. 

Are you manually assigning CPU affinities?

If you do, make sure MCE has at least 2 cores to work with, because we run the entire speech engine inside "mce.exe" and it has its own threads that work by bursts. They sit idle for a while, and when some speech is detected, they need to run without hindrance.

In addition, MCE itself is multi-threaded.

You could going through the checklist and have a dialling command on the MCP that may take 10 to 15 seconds to complete, with ability to correct the value on the fly.

And this has to be done via worker threads.

On more reason why it's not a good idea to run the speech engine via an aircraft gauge.

Since a few people have reported this behavior, it's worth looking at the potential issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now