perry24

PMDG 747v3 update help

I try to update my PMDG 747v3 in the PMDG Operations centre and I get this message

"1) Visit http://www.precisionmanuals.com
2) Log-in to your eCommerce account.
3) Click on "View Previous Orders"
4) Use this page to download the installer required.

But I cant find the installer update here, can anyone help

thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They don't update the name of the installer to reflect what revision it is since it changes often, but if you download from your PMDG ecommerce account the installer you get will always be the most recent version available.

But in my account the only thing that's available to download is PMDG 747v3 again, surely I wouldn't have to re install the whole product just for the update?

3 hours ago, perry24 said:

But in my account the only thing that's available to download is PMDG 747v3 again, surely I wouldn't have to re install the whole product just for the update?

Perry, 

You might want to ask over in the PMDG forum where  their support staff answer questions-> https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/351-pmdg-general-forum/

I know they have rolled out lots of updates lately, some of which they need you to download the full installer, but if you need help, that would be the place to ask where you'll get a faster and more helpful responses.

3 hours ago, perry24 said:

You need to download the complete product again.  When I clicked on the PMDG Operations Center, it stated there were so many changes I had to go to my account and download the product again.  When you run the new installer, it will remove the product you have on your system.  Then, after removal, click on the installer again and it will install the new and complete version.  I believe PMDG stated they will probably do this a couple more times.  Of course, you do not need to update immediately but it did fix some bugs.

Best regards,

Jim