Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

Got the Turbine Duke V1 (FSX version) working in P3Dv4

I used a program called a migration tool, and all is well. Don't think I hear gear, or flap sounds. Didn't pay close enough attention. One thing I have noticed, and am wondering if anyone else has same issue. My throttle response time is lagging.  I play with settings in P3D options but I don't seem to notice much difference.  Any suggestions?  Thanks  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

I had already installed directly installed into v4 it all worked well,the only sound I seemed to be  missing was the clicks from the switches,I decided to installer into Documents P3d v4 add ons to hope fully get those working,it didn't work,as most of the sounds seem ok I wonder if it,s a volume issue,I some times think I have heard a very low volume click when flicking the switches,the starter has a definite click when starting,maybe going click crazy!

Peter

11 hours ago, Maestaru said:

From what I have been observing in this thread, and from discussions with others, you can perform a direct install, with no resulting negative effects.  Just point the plane to P3D4 and let it install as RealAir folder.  Gear and flap sounds should work; mine do...

Being a turbine, the spool-up and down times are much slower than a conventional piston engine.  Is this what you are referring to, or are you experiencing issues with your controls?

This is brilliant. I never tried to install it directly into P3Dv4 as I have been afraid of issues that might show up after as mentioned in other threads (not about the Duke but other addons that are not 64-bit native). 

On 8/11/2017 at 10:14 PM, Maestaru said:

@brucewtb  Using the way you installed, can you tell me if the config app shows the option to use the GTN 750 add-on?  I got the config to work by pointing it to the plane location on my drive, but I see only options to use the 500 or nothing.  (I do have the 750 loaded in other third-party planes running in P3D.

Sorry I have only just seen this but yes I have the option to use the GTN 750 in the config although not the 650 which I also have installed now - I guess this because it is not installed in FSX only P3D.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."