Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

GTN 750 Avionics Link

I have encountered something that I thought I would pass along in case someone else has run into the same thing and can't seem to work around it.

First, let me set this story up:

You've purchased and installed the Flight1 "complete" package and have used the configuration software found in the Carenado 690B aircraft subfolder to place the GTN 750 in the cockpit panel of the 690B. Everything appears OK and you've successfully completed several flights utilizing GPS flight plans and approaches.  You now attempt to approach an airport and land the 690B, hand-flying it and using the locally provided ILS and GS for assistance only to find out the GTN 750 refuses to communicate with your HSI even though you've entered the proper frequency and activated it in your NAV 1 radio and have changed your CDI to VLOC. Maybe your attempting to complete a combo approach involving both an activated GPS approach which you will terminate and switch to the local ILS and GS on final only to find out the GTN 750 refuses to successfully make the transition even though you've entered and activated the correct ILS frequency and switched the CDI appropriately.

I managed to find a "work around" for the above.  It involves not only using the Carenado GTN 750 configuration tool but also the Flight1 GTN 750 configuration tool.  Make sure that even if your GTN 750 is embedded in the 690B's cockpit you can also bring it up as a 2D pop-up window.  Once you've entered the necessary ILS frequency and have switched the CDI from GPS to VLOC, cycle that 2D pop-up window.  That action apparently caused the GTN 750 to connect to the proper avionic instruments and my course needle deviated properly and my GS came alive.

Hope this helps

John

Try editing your F1GTN.ini file for this airplane...

add these lines in the [GTN750.1] sction:

Radios=0
Autopilot=1
Link CRS=1
Auto CRS=1
Airplane=4

• Upvote 2

Bert

38 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try editing your F1GTN.ini file for this airplane...

add these lines in the [GTN750.1] sction:

Radios=0
Autopilot=1
Link CRS=1
Auto CRS=1
Airplane=4

Bert!!  Looks (in videos that I've seen, that the hydraulic system have the same wrong behavior like in their Shrike Commander.)  the indicator always have pressure. Have the same system and the same behavior; 

Regard RB 

2 minutes ago, RobertBernardK said:

Bert!!  Looks (in videos that I've seen, that the hydraulic system have the same wrong behavior like in their Shrike Commander.)  the indicator always have pressure. Have the same system and the same behavior; 

Regard RB 

Sorry, but what does that have do with ILS and avionics?  :happy:

Bert

Thank you very much, Bert.  Those additions fixed the problem.  As always, those of us who've been around here for a while have come to value your input and advice.

John

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Totally!  Nothing...!  But I can't find nothing to said that 

Sorry Bert 

31 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Totally!  Nothing...!  But I can't find nothing to said that 

Sorry Bert 

Bert, you're a genius! I'm glad you fly Carenado birds and are here to guide us along. You've fixed a few of their planes for us. :-)