Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FINALLY the ground I deserve for FS9!

Someone just showed me this thing that's coming out in a couple of days on Flight1. It's made by the same people who did Flight Environment. Photo realistic ground textures for the whole world for all seasons!!!!!!!!!!! And autogens are also all re-aligned throughout the world!! Take a look for yourself guys. After years of expecting, I am finally getting the ground I want for FS9. Who needs FSX. :)http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ge2006They literally recreated the world of FS9. Can't wait!!Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

ha...oh well after all I probably need it too...but I need it with this GE2006, since it looks even better than the FSX shots to me and the developers promise free upgrade for FSX.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Hi, Jason.I am not sure this should be discussed here, since this is a commercial product, but there are alternatives that are free that people can use to get similar, in some ways better results.You do not have to wait. It

I have to say I am impressed with the daytime pics--I have never seen rendering that sharp in FS9 before with any set of freeware textures. I'm sorry to see that there's only Win XP support, since FS9 can display any textures regardless of O/S. So I suspect that the WinXP support may be required for the program Peter uses to allow users to customize ground environment.One thing that has caused me to avoid add-on textures is the tendency for them to create a harsh transition line in the distance, between the limit of detailed textures and the horizon, when visibility is sharp. Here in the desert Southwest where I live, 100 mile visibility is a hazy day :) I wonder how well these textures manage that issue and blend with the "generic" scenery MSFS draws in the far distance. When the product is released, I hope someone posts a pic with 100 miles+ vis from the flight levels.-John

>Hi, Jason.>I am not sure this should be discussed here, since this is a>commercial product,when did this rule take effect?>You do not have to wait. It

Guest fox450

Hi, Just to comment on the night rendering, they are not just random shots at all and have been carefully build to match excactly the day textures and roads so you won't see the lights on top of roofs, but indeed for example along the roads. This is very important because Flight Simulator uses the night bitmaps as an overlay on the day textures during dusk / dawn transitions. We did however include an option for the user to choose to install our night textures because we are aware that the impression of night is very subjective to each individual. But, I still recommend to use our night textures because they are designed to work hand-in-hand with the day-time.Ofcourse we will provide future updates and enhancements by listening closely to our customers and beta testers.In fact work has already been scheduled on future enhancements the day after tomorrow.Much regards,

Guest Rayed

Not only the price is very good and it covers all seasons but "download executable is about 000 MB in size" !!:)

>did Flight Environment. Photo realistic ground textures for>the whole world for all seasons!!!!!!!!!!! Well, there is another vendor which offers pretty much an equivalent product - BEV (which also offers extra highly customized features). Whoes textures are better - will probably be debatable, but the number of pics on GE's site is simply too limited to render any opinion on this product at this point.Michael J.

Guest JIMJAM

From a former addonaholic it sounds tempting but Im done buying more textures. I must have 10,000 different textures completely replacing most all default fs9 textures.There comes a point when enough is enough. I may buy a few more planes but dumping more $$$ into yet another soon to be extinct texture collection is insane.Time to fly more,save for a mega computer for fsx and worry less about a new coat of paint for this rusty model t.

In the whole GE looks like a winner but I must say that the night textures are a bit of a disappointment I much prefer freeware set I currently have (Night textures by Adam Mills).Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

USA roads only places the roads. landclass places parks, golf courses, smaller towns, desert, forests, etc. While the road placement is correct, a landclass greatly enhances your experience. Personally I think those lit roads are extremely unrealistic.

yes but BEV charges per season. and no night textures