Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Ground Environment 2006 WOW!!!!!!

Guest Eagletail

Peter, I'm thinking of purchasinng GE, but if I have BEV already installed do I need to uninstall this - or is it possible to switch between GE and BEV? I don't want to make a mess of things! Thanks.

Same problem here Peter almost Autogen gone sorry to say at this point the Netherlands looks a bit strange lol(have FS water and FE too which are great ;-))Maybe something wrong with my default install notice that the city textures are still the same? Peter is it correct that 032b2fa1.bmp till 032b2fa7.bmp are missing?Using My world 2004 LC2005...Is it a user error?Thanks for the hard work that has gone into this one ;-)Edit: just tested with default LC and it's back Ok going to do some more testing :-)Andr

André

I have heaps of addons but this one is easily the best value for money. Worldwide ground environment updates for every season, you can't get much better than that, and the quality it outstanding. Now a few pics of Australia :)Edit by JC: Please post pictures of this product in the screenshots forum. Screenshots in this forum are allowed in order to help members (such as explaining how to configure the sim). Screenshots merely for the purpose of displaying a product should appear in the screenshots forum.

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks for the feedback on autogen Andre,I'm sure you'll find on balance there is some areas with more autogen and some wiht less. Over all you should find more autogen.I'll be very interested to know what you think once you've had more time to have a play with it.

Guest Peter Wilding

wow, fantastic screen shots.I'll get Anthony to start a customer section on our web page. Can we post these shots and give you a credit and maybe show your email so people could ask any qustions they feel appropiate?Awesome shots.....a real artist in you

yes im running UT with it, i had bev installed but uninstalled that then put yours in, now i get very little autogen at all, very odd, maybe i need to reinstall fs9? or ??? thanks for the supportciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest Adverse Yawn

Is there any chance of a selection of low shots so I can see how the tree autogen is implemented? Many of the shots seem to be bare of flora.

ok, i think i got it figured outim running ut, first thing is go into ut configator file and turn off residential roads and all other roads and turn off night lihgting, then reinstall the GE textures now ive got my autogen backciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi,How GE2006 interacts with VOZ? Are VOZ files overwritten and therefore not available anymore?Thanks for the feedback!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest Edam

>There should be no fps hit as all textures are the same size.Will it make a difference if originally, default.xml was previously renamed and autogen was set to normal in order to improve smoothness?Is default.xml needed, and does autogen have to be set at any particular setting?

"Will it make a difference if originally, default.xml was previously renamed and autogen was set to normal in order to improve smoothness?Is default.xml needed, and does autogen have to be set at any particular setting?"I haven't used the xml based autogen for some time. Even after the 9.1 patch, I never bothered to re-enable it. If I had my way, I would only fly with Autogen trees (I thought someone found a way to do just that, but never found the post again).A texture add-on like this one shouldn't have any impact on fps unless it increases autogen density and autogen is enabled on a user's sim. I hope more screenshot threads are posted in the screenshots forum showing the product without autogen, and with varying levels of visibility, and from altitudes from ground level all the way into the flight levels.Some of the low level shots look pretty nice--it looks like these textures have had a lot of attention to sharpen them up and make them fit in--that's a tough job when you're limited to a 256x256 pixel canvas. Whether it's better than any other add-on texture set will be borne out by the screenshots our members always post.-John

Guest Peter Wilding

yes, that's the way to use UT and get good autogen with any textures not just ours.

Guest PPSFA

WOW doesnt describe GE! I installed it at 8 last night and couldnt turn the computer off until 3am! I run all FS sliders at max and WOW seems sooooooo non descriptive of such a great product!

Guest Edam

>A texture add-on like this one shouldn't have any impact on>fps unless it increases autogen density and autogen is enabled>on a user's sim.Yes, that is what I would like to know. If autogen was at a low level originally, will it have to be increased to use GE.>I hope more screenshot threads are posted in>the screenshots forum showing the product without autogen, and>with varying levels of visibility, and from altitudes from>ground level all the way into the flight levels.That would be a comparison worth noting.