Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Ground Environment 2006 WOW!!!!!!

Just finished flying 12 hours from KEWR to LLBG taking me from North America, Europe and finally the Middle East into Israel. I have to say that this scenery is one of those groundbreaking releases for MSFS. I got myself in trouble with ATC more than once because I was gawking outside the cockpit and not paying enough attention to my instrument settings. The effects are 'night and day' vs anything else and I've found them more dramatic than even BEV from altitude (not to mention the change on a global scale.)This add-on effectively changes FS9 into the FSX screenshots of the terrain we've been gawking at. I guess its easy to sum GE in one word...WOW!!!Great job Peter!

I agree regarding the suspicious first post.Obviously Flight1 "fan boys" will quickly enter the thread to shoot anyone down who dares question the quality of the product.Isn't there a freeware product available that does a similar thing to "Ground Enviroment"? From what I have read it is excellent. And free!Adam

Guest Jagndeke

>This add-on effectively changes FS9 into the FSX screenshots>of the terrain we've been gawking at. >>I guess its easy to sum GE in one word...WOW!!!>>Great job Peter! >>I would agree. I sprinkled in a couple of favorite textures from the Reality Pack and I have to admit I am not quite so excited about FSX as I was a couple of days ago given the amazing transformation that has taken place.If addressing the concerns raised on the trees around the airports and the autogen is successful, then there wouldn't be a single thing I could find at fault (albeit very minor fault) with this add-on.Very nice job.Jag

Peter or Anthony,One last question and it goes hand in hand with the one asked earlier in this post: If I left the default.xml file out of FS as it is now, would the only difference be a lack of that type of autogen it produces? I will still have my buildings and such as I have now right? Or have you all replaced the type of autogen that displays with the default.xml file?

Eric 

>Peter or Anthony,>>One last question and it goes hand in hand with the one asked>earlier in this post: If I left the default.xml file out of FS>as it is now, would the only difference be a lack of that type>of autogen it produces? I will still have my buildings and>such as I have now right? Or have you all replaced the type of>autogen that displays with the default.xml file? Geez, I'm totally confused now, sorry. I've got the generic xml file in Fligth Simulator 9/Autogen folder now residing under the name of default.xml_org. I did it some time back, but after the install of FS9.1. I thought it gave less stutters in certain situations. Now before installing GE, do I need to rename it back to default.xml and then install GE? Will anything be different if I dont do it and install GE over the current default.xml_org?Thanks.

Guest Edam

>I agree regarding the suspicious first post.>>Obviously Flight1 "fan boys" will quickly enter the thread to>shoot anyone down who dares question the quality of the>product.You obviously haven't read this entire thread, or the other ones here on this subject. There have been criticisms and the developers have offered to help with certain issues. It has nothing to do with being "fan boys" as you so tiringly use the phrase. Perhaps there is a name for individuals like yourself too.

Guest Peter Wilding

To get hard winter or "Snow" is the Seattle area it has to snow in the winter. You need to have some snow falling down from the sky. Try experimenting with weather to get the look you want. As a rule the mountain areas tend to have some snow during the winter even when it's not snowing around Seattle. Go a little futher North and maybe it will be blanket cover for snow.

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks there Mike,Anthony deservers the credit, not just me. Boy did he work hard and boy did he deliver. Even now he's working on fixing the issues of autogen to make it more like some people want it. Anthony deservers a big pat on the back.It means a lot to us to have someone known like you to make such a great praise of our hard work. Anthony and I worked really hard for 5 months and upto 170 hours a week each at times. Wow, we were tired and knackered at times but getting this feeback makes it all worthwhile.Thanks so much,

Guest PPSFA

>I agree regarding the suspicious first post.>>Obviously Flight1 "fan boys" will quickly enter the thread to>shoot anyone down who dares question the quality of the>product.>>Isn't there a freeware product available that does a similar>thing to "Ground Enviroment"? From what I have read it is>excellent. And free!>>AdamAdam, I am new to these forums also. I for one would never shoot down anyone

Guest Peter Wilding

yes, Anthony should have this fixed soon Ernie.Thanks for your patience. If you check out our site there will be an update there soon.

So what's the difference between Ground Enviroment at $29.95 and RealityPack 1.2 which is free? Is there any difference? I see plenty of screenshots for RealityPack 1.2 but not that many for GE2005 even on the official website.I have installed RealityPack 1.2 and apart from a few minor issues it looks superb. So what do you get for the extra $29.95?If someone could enlighten me I'll possibly be less suspicious about the first post in this thread!Adam

Good afternoon everyone,I am an idiot!!!! Lets see.....flight in and around Seattle Feb25th.....no snow...flight on the east coast around Portland Maine on the same date...snow!! I did not think this one through before posting. I thought for some reason FS9 had hard winter textures globally set for the USA region. I am so sorry for thinking this way. I feel way beyond stupid. The other performance problem is all I have to work out now. Like I said before, I doubt very much it is GE causing it. I am going to crawl back under my rock now.....:-walksmile

Guest Peter Wilding

Anthony will help you on one to one; contact him on vos69@home.nl If you've got msn on voice he'll be happy to talk to you too or anyone who wants a more personal support from us.Anyone can contact us direct on msn messenger vos69@home.nl and p.wilding@btopenworld.comSupport is the most important thing to us and we really do want to get our product working the way customers want it to.

Peter thank to you and Anthony for one stunning package with the most realistic textures I've seen for FS in a while :-)After doing some more flyhing it's just stunning :-)Thanks again, Andr

André

Guest Peter Wilding

best not to try and reply to this one.....and this is one example of when being honest will not pay. I plead with anyone here not to dignify this kind of qestion that can only end up in tears for a lot of people.It's like being asked which woman is more beautiful when both women can hear what you say. One is bound to end up in tears.