Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Ground Environment 2006 WOW!!!!!!

Guest Dakota

>Good afternoon everyone,>I am an idiot!!!! Lets see.....flight in and around Seattle>Feb25th.....no snow...flight on the east coast around Portland>Maine on the same date...snow!! I did not think this one>through before posting. I thought for some reason FS9 had hard>winter textures globally set for the USA region. I am so sorry>for thinking this way. I feel way beyond stupid. The other>performance problem is all I have to work out now. Like I said>before, I doubt very much it is GE causing it. I am going to>crawl back under my rock now.....:-walksmile You are not an idiot, but just FYI, I live in the Seattle area and it is very rare we get much snow here, though we did get a bit of a dusting yesterday. The climate here is very temprate, so we don't usually get extreme colds or extreme heat. I like it that way, it rains a lot in the winter, but I don't have to shovel rain.

Adam you get the most realistic stunning texture set for FS I've seen in a long time... With all seasons and difference in blending and color of different parts of the world... with great autogen :-)It's worth every penny :-)Sasha did a wonderful job to ;-)Have fun with either one ;-)Andr

André

Thanks for the info Andre. Also got an email from the author of the product so things are clearer now:)Once I can find some European screenshots I'll certainly consider buying it. RegardsAdam

Hope it's helpful Adam ;-)Happy to make some for you to help and makeup your decision ;-)Tell me which one you would like to see with the different seasons ;-)Andr

André

Would be interesting to see the area around Nice and the Alpes Maritime (?). I have flown there alot on business (and virtually in FS:)RegardsAdam

Is it just my setup, or is the Statue of Liberty really missing?Paul

Guest PPSFA

Its there, I flew over it last night testing GE for FPS hits

Guest Peter Wilding

if you want to be able to switch between the two it can be done easy. What I suggest is first unistall BEV and try out GE clean so you can be confident it's working fine.Use GE for a few days to get used to it and try all regions and seasons. Once this is done then install BEV and make GE a theme in BEV then you can switchThe reason why I say first unistall BEV and use it clean is so you can be sure you are seeing GE clean and as is intended. When you then start to switch between the two for testing and trials you'll know at least what things should look like on both products.

Guest Peter Wilding

Steve, I can't be sure of how it looks with mega scenery. I'll wait and see if anyone who has a mega scenery can come in here and give us some feedback of how it looks with GE and if it's better or worst or about the same?

>Is it just my setup, or is the Statue of Liberty really>missing?>>PaulNevermind, I discovered that I checked landmarks in UT.....Silly me!Paul

Guest Peter Wilding

yes there is a delicate balance here.You see it's like this.MS have a lot of tiles and some are for blue spruce type forest or ever green and others are the type that loose their leaves in the winter.Also, some are hybid and some are not ment to be trees but shubs, smaller trees and grass and bushes.One thing BEV did was approach the tile number 9, which has 5 seasons and 7 tiles in each season, in a very different way than Microsoft and we do.Now I'm trying here to be tactful so try if you can to read btween the lines just a little.Now most airports avoid putting airfields too near larger trees. That's one reality to consider. Bush flying is maybe something else?The other point to consider is that as we are trying to produce a diverse and convincing world that you as the customer can use with confience that we have followed the landclass rules.What I mean by this is if the landclass says there should be bushes and shubs mixed with grass, such as the tile 9 above mentioned what would you like us to do?We could say nah, don't like grass and bushes, it's more fun to "Spruce" it up a bit and make the world a little more spectacluar lower down. Now if we did this then it would make the world less varied because all of a sudden there are trees in places where there is suposed to be bushes and shubs.The point is this:Perception is one thing and relaity another. Also, reality in game is really not that real at all as it's not photo real even if it looks photo real.Confused? I am.Anyway, just to make it even more confusing we may not even be talking aobut the same thing here?Anthony is adding some more trees so expect some more trees. But please don't expect a forest to be where shubs are suposed to be or it just won't look right in Europe or Asia and or rith in most of the USA.We may make a utility at some point to let people randomize or change landclass or modify landclass or re-assign texures from say a #9 shurb and grass to a dense forest.What I think you'll find though is that you learn to find new areas in game that do have a more dense forest type of approach that bEV tend to favor?

Guest acuba

just installed. Great addon! Respect to developers!

"Obviously Flight1 "fan boys" will quickly enter the thread to shoot anyone down who dares question the quality of the product."Comments like this always raise tensions and escalate these types of threads into going south. If your purpose is to discuss freeware alternatives to Ground Environment, open up a new thread--please don't hijack this one. If you have an issue with enthusiastic Flight 1 fans, again--please take it outside of this thread. Every product, even freeware, has its legions of fans. I didn't see anyone acting the way you describe, so please don't start a fight when there isn't one.-John

Thank you PPSFA.I appreciate you taking the time to post that. Thank you.Yes... I Installed it and flew around various parts1st, let me say... This is amazing..amazing piece of work. Love it Love it Love it. FSX can wait. We have an intermediate version of FS right here.;)I set Summer and Day on my FSim.1. I flew around Chicago O'Hare.. Simply amazing...My Jaw dropped...2. I went to DFW. I have megascenary DFW. Nothing different..It was my same old Megascenary DFW. I was expecting..hoping I would have these extra autogens poping up on top of Megascenary DFW. But no such thing.. But thats ok.I flew around DFW...as I left megascenary,..the textures around the rural fort worth were just plain brown paper bag like.. Hmmmm... Let me come back to this.3. I poisitioned myself at Houson. WOW.. My Jaw dropped again... I decided to take my F-18Hornet to fly from Houston to Dallas.h.t.t.p://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Houston2.jpgLeft the city...and went into the rural areas...and still Jaw dropping textures... then..there were some areas of just plain lands.. saw some green forest cover like..ok.. I went by that into an area of more rural areas.. thats when I spoted some repititive patterns. Not too bad.h.t.t.p://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Houston2Sallas2.jpgThen as I was getting closer to Dallas...that brown Paper bag textures... Just very little between where Megascenary DFW ends. Very minor issue... h.t.t.p://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=HOU_Dallas_Mega.jpg4. Moved to Tucson, AZ.. WOW..Different texture that reflects Arizona... The city of Tucson looked like Tucson..red brick houses...and the desert of Tucson..brownish desert textures... This is too good. Absolutelty fantastic.http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Tucson.jpgh.t.t.p://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1739/Tucson.jpg5.' Moved to Denver, colorado. What can I say... yet again ..totally different texture... simply fantastic. mind blowing... Flew into Aspen and landed there..h.t.t.p://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Denver.jpgThe thing is...I was flying at 500kts yeah..sometimes I had to refresh...but at 250kts I didn't have blurries.Like everyone here says..its a spectcular piece of addons... If you want to see the image.. cut paste the links and remove the "." in H.T.T.PManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter