Sign in to follow this  
Jihong Min

Can EICAS be set to look like these?

1. EPR+N1+EGT

2.  ENG+AIR+FUEL Information

I never see EPR+N1+EGT configuration on EICAS in PMDG 777.

I can manage to configure like the second one, but only when EICAS presents in INBOARD display(MFD).

Can either of this be forced to show on normal(default) state in EICAS display?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jihong Min said:

I never see EPR+N1+EGT configuration on EICAS in PMDG 777.

This is because the PMDG 777 uses GE engines, which do not use EPR. The picture you had posted (do not link to Airliners.net photos here, please) shows either a PW or RR engine type on a non -200LR/F or -300ER.

10 minutes ago, Jihong Min said:

Can either of this be forced to show on normal(default) state in EICAS display?

Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This is because the PMDG 777 uses GE engines, which do not use EPR. The picture you had posted (do not link to Airliners.net photos here, please) shows either a PW or RR engine type on a non -200LR/F or -300ER.

Sorry about that. I didn't know it's forbidden to post the images from Airliners.net.

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nope.

I can understand the first one, but why? Is it only be seen in abnormal state?

Sorry about that. I didn't know it's forbidden to post the images from Airliners.net.

It's okay. Not something people would commonly know.

I can understand the first one, but why? Is it only be seen in abnormal state?

It's modeled like the plane is modeled. It only appears when it needs to, or you force it to. Any other clarification would need to be directed at the Boeing team who set the original logic.

Kyle Rodgers

15 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's modeled like the plane is modeled. It only appears when it needs to, or you force it to. Any other clarification would need to be directed at the Boeing team who set the original logic.

Does "you force it to" mean the one I said, displaying EICAS on MFD page?

Hello,

forget about EPR. You will not be able to get this as the GE90 does not use EPR, period. To get it, you engine has to have air pressure sensors mounted at two different places in it for the gauge to then measure the ratio between the two, which the GE90 does not use. Most GE engines use only N1 % as a power setting unit.

Since the PMDG 777 models only the GE90 (because that was the only factory option for the B777F, B777-200LR and B777-300ER) you will not see the EPR gauge. The EPR gauge has just as little place in a GE90 B777 as a propeller RPM gauge. So no matter how you change your MFD setup, no EPR will appear.

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Another small yet definitive difference between 777's people miss. Most manuals I look at show the option, but in large, bold red letters say: "(200PW)(200ERPW) Only."