3 hours ago, udidwht said:

I don't know about their recent version, but when I tried them a couple of years ago, the photo ground textures looked pretty bad (low-res) while their objects have been always nice.

Kind regards, Michael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

39 minutes ago, domkle said:

A reminder that there is a decent freeware landclass for Japan made by a Japanese simmer 

www.simforums.com/forums/japan-freeware-landclass-gex-asa-users_topic44729.html?KW=haruo

I have it working in P3DV3 with OrbX Global and Vector.  Better with a sharp mesh.  

Exactly, that's the combo I am using, too. It's really good as such. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit well to photo areas like SamScene Tokyo as colors don't match.

Kind regards, Michael

On 9/1/2018 at 2:04 AM, sddjd said:

I use Airport Design Editor. My method is to load an AI aircraft into the sim as the user aircraft (copy one repaint, a panel and sound folder, then edit the config to make the "title" unique) and then slew around the airport gates while ADE is connected to the sim. Adjust the gate positions to align with the crosshairs in ADE, etc. 

In the case of RJBB/KIX, most of the heavy gates were too far from the jetways to activate SODE with all but the largest AI planes. 

So, do I have to keep the FSX sim opened and at the same time the ADE with the AFCAD loaded too?

Exactly- top down view is the most effective as you can have ADE and your sim open side-by-side while you move around the airport (make sure to connect, then lock ADE to your sim). 

1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Exactly- top down view is the most effective as you can have ADE and your sim open side-by-side while you move around the airport (make sure to connect, then lock ADE to your sim). 

how to connect and how to lock ADE, I am confused. 

Once you're in your sim in the top down view you can open the airport in ADE. Click "connect" in the upper right corner, then click the "Lock" button. ADE will show your aircraft (red crosshair) and lock the view to your position in the sim.

10 hours ago, sddjd said:

Once you're in your sim in the top down view you can open the airport in ADE. Click "connect" in the upper right corner, then click the "Lock" button. ADE will show your aircraft (red crosshair) and lock the view to your position in the sim.

I tried to use "Y" key from keyboard and the bird spins too fast never stops I have to stop spinning by pressing "Y" again. I can't find a way to view top down as a full area. I can see top down only a portion depending on the aircraft position by pressing "A" several times while the view is changing.

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

I tried to use "Y" key from keyboard and the bird spins too fast never stops I have to stop spinning by pressing "Y" again. I can't find a way to view top down as a full area. I can see top down only a portion depending on the aircraft position by pressing "A" several times while the view is changing.

You have your yoke, joystick, pedals or throttles axis set in slew mode in controls. Remove/delete the axis assignments for slew mode and you'll see the spinning stop when you press the 'y' key (slew).

Please can you open a new topic for help on ADE or other problems, this thread is about scenery in Japan and we've drifted a long way from that.