Recommended Posts

Anyone know of P3dV4 compatible airports for Japan? Kansai RJBB, Narita RJAA, Chubu Centrair RJGG, Haneda RJTT. Could never understand why Japan always seemed to be ignored in the airport scenery category. I saw some over at SimMarket but are old and outdated.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'll join you. Wing Creation seems to be thy only (sort of) active airport designer today, aside perhaps a few local ones requiring you to fly to Tokyo for shopping.

I own the complete Wing Creation collection sitting usueless on my HD after switching to Prepar3d4. The latest statement in their forum says: "We are verifying fine portions. It seems that however, there will be no big problem if you use P3Dv3 patch. Please wait for a little patch for v4."

I've heard a few theories whyJapan has been notoriously neglected in the Flightsim World: No Japanese P3D3 version, youngsters only interested in Arcade Games, low number of GA airports, low addon sales figures etc. etc. Believe all this or not, it doesn't matter, it's a tragedy.

Kind regards, Michael

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Most of the Asian region has been neglected. It's sad, since I really want to be able to fly in this region. There are so many beautiful airports and sceneries in Asia that I would love to fly to and from. I really hope that some of the existing and active 3rd party developers such as FlightBeam, FSDT, FlyTampa, PacSim, Justsim, OrbX, will focus on Asia more.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bills511 said:

Anyone know of P3dV4 compatible airports for Japan? Kansai RJBB, Narita RJAA, Chubu Centrair RJGG, Haneda RJTT. Could never understand why Japan always seemed to be ignored in the airport scenery category. I saw some over at SimMarket but are old and outdated.

Pacsim has Nagasaki Int. & Omura  Chubu Centrair airports....well flytampa was about to make Haneda but bailed out it seems a big developer is working on one.  http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=56940&sid=789f70f4ab71516af36a7af3b893e5ac hopfully we hear something soon. 

 http://www.islandsim.com

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, pmb said:

I'll join you. Wing Creation seems to be thy only (sort of) active airport designer today, aside perhaps a few local ones requiring you to fly to Tokyo for shopping.

I own the complete Wing Creation collection sitting usueless on my HD after switching to Prepar3d4. The latest statement in their forum says: "We are verifying fine portions. It seems that however, there will be no big problem if you use P3Dv3 patch. Please wait for a little patch for v4."

I've heard a few theories whyJapan has been notoriously neglected in the Flightsim World: No Japanese P3D3 version, youngsters only interested in Arcade Games, low number of GA airports, low addon sales figures etc. etc. Believe all this or not, it doesn't matter, it's a tragedy.

Kind regards, Michael

 

39 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

Pacsim has Nagasaki Int. & Omura  airports....well flytampa was about to make Haneda but bailed out it seems a big developer is working on one.  http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=56940&sid=789f70f4ab71516af36a7af3b893e5ac hopfully we hear something soon. 

 http://www.islandsim.com

Thank you Michael & Cesar.

Looks like I'll be purchasing Narita RJAA, & Chubu Centrair RJGG. I miss flying in and out of Kai Tak and having these two fit the bill perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post

I want to simulate some Japanese domestic 747 flights. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope to see some good scenery come out. In the meantime, does anyone know of some good, compatible scenery for Japan?

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all,

I am somewhat non-plussed about the lack of scenery for Japan whilst I am revelling with all the payware/freeware sceneries/airports for Australia and Indonesia which is where I want to fly.  I am really spoilt for choice here hhhmmmm let me see .... will I have a coffee and donut or just have a sleep? If I decide to fly to a payware airport in this region I may as well have a sleep LOL

Moral of this story I guess is that we should enjoy and adapt to what IS available and then go fly America or Europe

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

PS .. These are Tongue-in-cheek remarks.

Share this post


Link to post

I have wing creations airports RJFF, RJSF, Narita and Sendai , aerosim Osaka working in p3dv4.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mulgrave said:

I have wing creations airports RJFF, RJSF, Narita and Sendai , aerosim Osaka working in p3dv4.

RJAA is working for me in P3dv4.

blaustern

Share this post


Link to post

Same here, in fact just finished the UA803 KIAD-RJAA yesterday in P3Dv4 and used GSX and ADE to set up custom pushbacks for the gate 36 and others in that "canyon."  Only problem with WCI Narita is that it is dated and does not have current taxi layout or even numbering and they don't provide an airport diagram in the documentation so one has to use ADE to look at the plan.

Share this post


Link to post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4vM3mWsAEJIyf?format=jpg

That Is the traffic for the last 48 hours on vatsim. 

Look at the difference of traffic in Asia and Africa compared to Europe and the US 

There simply isn't ENOUGH demand for it.  That is why there is 3 versions of Jfk, Lhr,  bcn,  etc so the developers can fight over the scraps and in Europe and USA and ignore Asia and Africa 

I'd love someone to make Zbaa for example but they rather make 3 versions of innsbruck to make a buck 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tooting said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4vM3mWsAEJIyf?format=jpg

That Is the traffic for the last 48 hours on vatsim. 

Look at the difference of traffic in Asia and Africa compared to Europe and the US 

There simply isn't ENOUGH demand for it.  That is why there is 3 versions of Jfk, Lhr,  bcn,  etc so the developers can fight over the scraps and in Europe and USA and ignore Asia and Africa 

I'd love someone to make Zbaa for example but they rather make 3 versions of innsbruck to make a buck 

That is a very simplistic way of seeing where the demand is (I'm sure developers are guilty of reading similar data incorrectly also).

There are so few good quality sceneries available in Africa, Asia, and S. America, simmers won't waste time flying in default / mediocre locations, but instead will fly in Europe and N. America, as that is where the decent payware scenery is located.

I believe in the (misquoted) line of "if you build it, they will come" - if developers were to undertake some decent market research, then I'm sure that they would make a very healthy profit from a select few airports.
Off the top of my head, I believe new or updated versions of FAOR, FACT, RJBB, (RJTT is apparently in the works by a large developer), RKSI, ZBAA, and SCEL would be worth pursuing.
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

LatinVFR SCEL Santiago Chili does work in P3Dv4, and yes yes really am impatient for NMG to finish updating FAOR Johannesburg because it lacks all scenery objects such as terminal buildings in v4 and the KATL-FAOR trip is one of my favorite B77L long hauls.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, downscc said:

...... KATL-FAOR trip is one of my favorite B77L long hauls.

One of my military buddies bids this trip from time to time.  I get tired just listening to him talk about it. :smile:

Do you have the KCRP for P3dv4 ?

blaustern

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Do you have the KCRP for P3dv4 ?

PM your email and I'll send you what I've got.  It has been reworked for v4 using ADE1.75 and the v4 SDK but I had to get rid of most of my custom pavement markings and revert to default lines.  I spent a couple days working with the developer for custom ground poly editor but we didn't solve the problem.  My frustration is the reason I haven't put it up in AVSIM library but I'd be happy to have another set of eyes look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/23/2017 at 1:10 PM, tooting said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4vM3mWsAEJIyf?format=jpg

That Is the traffic for the last 48 hours on vatsim. 

Look at the difference of traffic in Asia and Africa compared to Europe and the US 

There simply isn't ENOUGH demand for it.  That is why there is 3 versions of Jfk, Lhr,  bcn,  etc so the developers can fight over the scraps and in Europe and USA and ignore Asia and Africa 

I'd love someone to make Zbaa for example but they rather make 3 versions of innsbruck to make a buck 

That northern most line over Greenland from AMS to SFO was me ☺️  KLM605. 

Share this post


Link to post

wing creations RJAA is pretty good but just didn't have the trees/structures around the airport.  in reality, it's surrounded by tree lines and hilly terrain.

so, modified the ADE file to add the trees and building to make it a little more realistic.  the ADE file was uploaded to avsim a couple of days ago and should appear at the avsim lib soon.

hand placed trees and buildings, ex below is 34R.  works for both fsx and p3dv4 versions.

rjaa_ade.jpg

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

modified the ADE file to add the trees and building to make it a little more realistic

You missed that where in reality all ILS have DME the WCI Narita only has DME at two of the four.  Use your ADE to add the other DME and they are all placed at the respective GS location.  I tend to focus more on the accuracy of navaids than trees although I'm not diminishing their importance in scenery.

Share this post


Link to post

Thats great kdfw_, one of my favorite airports! I am looking forward to the fix and thanks for your efforts!

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/23/2017 at 7:22 PM, F737NG said:

Off the top of my head, I believe new or updated versions of FAOR, FACT, 

No large developer has ever really undertaken these two airports other than local South African devs.  Apart from Aerosoft who are struggling to get FAOR much further down the production line, I'm not aware that any other large developer is doing either.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

so, modified the ADE file to add the trees and building to make it a little more realistic.  the ADE file was uploaded to avsim a couple of days ago and should appear at the avsim lib soon.

 

Thanks a lot, would you mind giving the file name, I am unable to identify it (yet?).

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I forgot to mention that also, what's the filename?

Share this post


Link to post

Probably worth checking out Aerosim's website. They do a lot of FSX stuff (787, B747, 767 etc), aeroplanes and scenery, so presumably they'll get around to P3D, but in the interim, their FSX scenery could probably be ported manually into P3D. Note that you actually get some airport sceneries thrown in with some of their aeroplanes too if you buy one of those, which is why I know their sceneries are not bad, there aeroplanes are about on par with default FS ones, but with basic FMCs added. Anyway, here's a link to their site:

http://www.aerosim.co.jp/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now