Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Back in The Saddle! (Upgrading from v2 to v4. It's been a while...)

Hi all,

I was fairly active on Avsim a couple of years back and made a few videos for YouTube. Before long, real life got in the way and I decided to take a break. I was last on Prepar3D V2.4 (I believe) and the constant tweaking and VAS problems were getting me down.

I vowed to return when either P3D was 64-Bit or PMDG released the 747 v3. So, here I am! :) (after having picked up both!)

I spent a good part of the weekend reinstalling everything and I've got to say I was surprised at how much stuff was available in P3Dv4 as a free upgrade from my purchased P3D v2(!) addons. 

I've got an eye on the FSLabs A320X and I'll be jumping on that and the Aerosoft Airbus once they get their v4 releases.

I probably won't be *as* active as I was the last time around, but I am planning on making a new video or two.

Anything else in the way of addons I may have missed in the 2 years I've been away? :D Please let me know, I'd appreciate the catch-up.

Cheers,

Neil.

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

14 minutes ago, Ebs said:

I probably won't be *as* active as I was the last time around, but I am planning on making a new video or two.

Hi Neil, good to see you back. In fact someone posted a link the other day to one of your video's, and I was thinking then it would be nice to see you back.

bob 

Neil,

Hey mate, great to see you back. :biggrin:

Look what you did to me....lol, join a VA you said....no I said......try one you said.....OK i said. 

Thanks mate you changed my simming ever since that day. Still lol that I did a -150 with ryanair on first flight ever, not hit the perfect one again. But I try. :biggrin:

ryanair.jpg

Clocked up silly hours with the FSL A320 around 200 in total. BA and Easy.

Welcome back and hopefully for good this time. Dont bother with the aerosoft airbus mate. We now have the best study level aircraft ever made. "The" FSL A320. I know you will love it. Its mind blowing.

Anyway anything you need to know PM me anytime. Will be always happy to help in anyway I can.

Cheers Neil really happy to see you back.

Dave.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yes Neil welcome back, its good to see you on the Forums again !  

2 hours ago, Ebs said:

but I am planning on making a new video or two

Your videos are really well done,  It would be great to see you make another one when you get some time,  I look forward to it  (no pressure) :)  

If Neil is back, I'm back too. And now I suddenly feel thirsty!

James McLees

Yeah you made a GTN video right?  Welcome back 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

It's really great to see all these familiar faces :)

Did I read correctly that V4 has pretty much fixed all the performance problems with AI and cars/ships etc.? I'm really impressed with what I've seen/read so far.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

41 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

It's really great to see all these familiar faces :)

Did I read correctly that V4 has pretty much fixed all the performance problems with AI and cars/ships etc.? I'm really impressed with what I've seen/read so far.

I missed you, Neil.

• Upvote 1

Time to dust off the old MSG Crosswinds and start crushing some pireps your going to love P3dV4...welcome back!

RE Thomason Jr.