Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Uluru (Ayers Rock)

I flew from Alice Springs to Uluru and did not like the ground texture much. It looked like there were rivers in the desert in some places. So I installed TEP. Textures did improve a lot but the rock itself looked like it was surrounded by a moat of water!  So I reinstalled FSX and added my Orbx Australia sceneries to it. I then changed my scenery.cfg in FSW to point to my Orbx Australia base scenery and now the terrain looks right. What was water has transformed into salt pans and scrub.  Surprisingly to me anyway, adding more entries in scenery.cfg pointing to my Orbx airports causes CTD! Not sure why. I am making sure that the scenery.cfg in both the steam FSW and Appdata directories are the same. Anyone got any ideas please?

Probably some airport file causing it. Only when Orbx releases officially for FSW we will have them working properly.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

The same thing happens with UK2000 airports the freeware will install in FSW if you point the installer to FSW directories, but if you try to select the airport in the start flight plan it will CTD but if you start at a nearby airport you can fly to them and land ok.

But I have ORBX installed with LOWI and KSAN airports and i have no problems with them.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks for your replies. I will try flying to an airport as suggested. Roll on full compatibility. :cool: