Sign in to follow this  
toriu

Failed to load texture messages

Just recently when I download any scenery, and install via the scenery Add-on in FSX, I'm getting dozens of messages come up like this one.

"Failed to load texture: CTO2_LM.BMP". That's  just one example, there are loads of them, all with different file names.

When they pop up the simulator stops until I press the OK button on the message.

I will appreciate any help.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

To turn off the message do the following.

1. Locate your FSX.cfg

2. Scroll down to the [Scenery] section 

3. Find the entry titled ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 and change the 1 to a 0(zero).

By changing =1 to =0, you're turning off the alert box and the sim will continue flying as normal. That line is normally intended for developers to debug scenery and check for bgl files calling for textures. Sometimes it's ok and sometime it means that a texture is actually missing.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

16 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

To turn off the message do the following.

1. Locate your FSX.cfg

2. Scroll down to the [Scenery] section 

3. Find the entry titled ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 and change the 1 to a 0(zero).

By changing =1 to =0, you're turning off the alert box and the sim will continue flying as normal. That line is normally intended for developers to debug scenery and check for bgl files calling for textures. Sometimes it's ok and sometime it means that a texture is actually missing.

Thank you for your help, I will try what you suggested .

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

1 hour ago, toriu said:

Welcome!

15 hours ago, toriu said:

Thank's  again , that fixed it.

No, all it has done is hide the message. You still have a texture missiing.

8 hours ago, GHD said:

No, all it has done is hide the message. You still have a texture missiing.

I think he understands as I mentioned that in my first post to him (see quote below). I think he was looking for a way to turn off the warning.

In any case, it would be worth contacting the Scenery developer to see if he can furnish the missing texture, or recompile the scenery bgl so that it doesn't call for a texture that doesn't exist any longer.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:20 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

That line is normally intended for developers to debug scenery and check for bgl files calling for textures. Sometimes it's ok and sometime it means that a texture is actually missing.