HiFlyer

Google Earth VR gets new Street View images

https://www.blog.google/products/google-vr/get-closer-look-street-view-google-earth-vr/

Google announced today that it's adding Street View to the Google Earth VR experience. With a new update, users can check out Street View images from 85 countries provided by the Street View team as well as pictures shared by others from around the world. To get there, while in Earth VR, zoom down closer to the street level and see if your controller says there's Street View imagery available. If so, you can then view the area within a 360 degree photo.

In a blog post today, Google suggested a couple of places to check out -- San Francisco's AT&T Park and the region of Croatia where Game of Thrones' King's Landing was filmed. The update is available today and users can experience it on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift as well as Daydream and Cardboard.

ATT-Park-Daytime_32mb.gif

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This looks quite interesting and will have to check it out. I imagine Google will eventually have 360 cams set up to experience certain locations live. That would be great.

I just checked it last night and it´s amazing. The only problem is that you can´t move in street view (I´m pretty sure they´ll implement that in the near future) and you are in 360 bubbles. But the integration of google earth and street view is amazing.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks that google earth on flight sim (and I mean p3d or xp11 not the one embedded in it) would be the biggest leap ahead in scenery? We still would need airports, but the rest?

cheers

Carlos