Recommended Posts

I did the reinstall. Then the updates for the 737 model first. It loads fine fly's fine, as long as I don't touch the key board. If I hit any key it throws out the whole flight program. This has never happen before and I've had your software a long time. I've been tiring for the last week to work through this problem, no resolve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

I did the reinstall. Then the updates for the 737 model first. It loads fine fly's fine, as long as I don't touch the key board. If I hit any key it throws out the whole flight program. This has never happen before and I've had your software a long time. I've been tiring for the last week to work through this problem, no resolve.

What does the crash report say?

Start Menu > type "view all problem" and select View All Problem Reports > find FSX:SE > find the last crash report > copy/paste here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Microsoft Flight simulator has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.      This is the message I get right after I hit any key. I've tried a wireless key board as a different option.  It sounds very specific.  I don't know what else to try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

Microsoft Flight simulator has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.      This is the message I get right after I hit any key. I've tried a wireless key board as a different option.  It sounds very specific.  I don't know what else to try. 

That's the error message that shows when the sim crashes. I need the crash report. Completely different thing, and obtained via the steps I outlined earlier. Please run through them and grab the crash report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why note pad won't past what I copied. As soon as I figure out how to do this, I'll send it right you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

What does the crash report say?

Start Menu > type "view all problem" and select View All Problem Reports > find FSX:SE > find the last crash report > copy/paste here

The file is saved in a MDMP format and it will not allow me to copy and paste. Any hints or ideas of a way I can forward it to you. It also won't allow me to drag and drop. Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

The file is saved in a MDMP format and it will not allow me to copy and paste. Any hints or ideas of a way I can forward it to you. It also won't allow me to drag and drop. Thanks...

I'm not sure that I follow...

Simply double click the error report to open it, and then click and drag over the text to select it, right click copy (or ctrl+c) and then come over here and right click paste (or ctrl+v). It should be exactly like copying/pasting text out of a browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The error report will not open and is asking what app we want to download to open it with. Simply clicking copy and paste in the traditional way does not work. We need to find a way to be able to open the file. 

This is what the file looks like.......

fsx_62615_crash_2017_9_17T18_35-16C0.mdmp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hardy6 said:

The error report will not open and is asking what app we want to download to open it with. Simply clicking copy and paste in the traditional way does not work. We need to find a way to be able to open the file. 

This is what the file looks like.......

fsx_62615_crash_2017_9_17T18_35-16C0.mdmp

 

Sounds like we're not on the same page here...

Start Menu > type "view all problem" and select View All Problem Reports > find FSX:SE > find the last crash report (and open it by double clicking) > copy the text and paste the text here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I need help here. Where is the start menu. I thought you meant, run. That didn't work, typing in view all problem. I went to the rout directory of,fsx. That's where I get the,mdmp file. Can't open that, with out a certain app. I'm thinking, start menu is the start button. I need a little help under standing how I get to where I type, view all problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start menu is the menu that opens pressing the window logo key on your keyboard.

Or

google search how to open start menu on windows X, where X is the windows you are using

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

Sorry, I need help here. Where is the start menu. I thought you meant, run. That didn't work, typing in view all problem. I went to the rout directory of,fsx. That's where I get the,mdmp file. Can't open that, with out a certain app. I'm thinking, start menu is the start button. I need a little help under standing how I get to where I type, view all problems. 

The bottom left of your screen has a button that is a circle with the Windows logo in it. This is the Windows button, or, in versions of Windows back several decades, previously called the Start button, because it used to have Start written on it. Sorry. Assumed you had experience with the former.

After clicking on the Windows button / Start button / button that gets you into the Start menu, do not click on anything else. Simply reach up to your keyboard and begin typing the words:

view all problem

...and then look for View All Problem Reports in the list. Click on View All Problem Reports. This will bring up a new screen that will have a list of every program that has ever crashed on your computer. Find the simulator in that list and double click the last crash report. It will open a window that will have text that looks like the following (which is the text that I need):

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 11.0.9600.18538
Application Timestamp: 58274b59
Hang Signature: 347b
Hang Type: 135232
Waiting on Application Name: iexplore.exe
Waiting on Application Version: 11.0.9600.18538
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
(etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.62615.0
Application Timestamp: 559f9a9a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_9c74
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_B4_FROM_ntdll+0x000722CC
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9c74
Additional Information 2: 9c743dce328feae58249b3cef02174f0
Additional Information 3: 73ef
Additional Information 4: 73ef3c244ea10b690c58a72ab80f71a6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: e4751c0baaeeaa5f8f2f88de35f57579 (116445607249)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case anyone else has trouble finding the file and transferring like I did I had to access it through control panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now