Sign in to follow this  
nickcaldwell4587

resuming saved flights in cruise p3dv4

There is no known bug that will cause a crash when loading a scenario that is in flight.  Should work for everyone.  The issue is now why are you having this problem, and i would start by eliminating other addons.  What about the crash event reports?  Do you know how to look at those reports?  Try google.

Dan Downs KCRP

Fear not Nick, every symptom you've described I endure as well.  I do not know what is the cause.  But it is becoming extremely frustrating,

Every crash I have in P3D v4 seems to involve when I'm switching back from my looking at something on my second monitor - seems to only happen after a while and very randomly.  Shouldn't be a big deal, but then I can't reload any manually saved or any FSUIPC autosaves - which were working fine for a while in v4.

It's a really really annoying problem.

Cheers,

Add-ons I use:

EZCA 2

UT Live

Orbx Global, Vector, openLC NA + EU

FSUIPC (latest version)

Activesky for P3D v4

Navigraph Charts Desktop

Firefox

Adobe Reader

TOPCAT

Surely others are having this problem of loading and getting a CTD or just black screens and no loading 744?

15 hours ago, downscc said:

There is no known bug that will cause a crash when loading a scenario that is in flight.  Should work for everyone.  The issue is now why are you having this problem, and i would start by eliminating other addons.  What about the crash event reports?  Do you know how to look at those reports?  Try google.

its been a while since I had to delve in to crash event reports but I'm sure I can find the right software again , just need to look it up as ive got a bit rusty other than looking at windows 10 event viewer of course which only points top3d its self

nick caldwell

ive tried a utility called appcrashview

this points to  p3d.exe but specifically names   ucrtbase.dll   as the faulting module which seems to be a common system .dll

perhaps there are better crash event apps out there more suitable for simulation, 

nick caldwell

I use AppCrashView.  I recommend you start eliminating other addons.  This might help explain:

Dan Downs KCRP

that's interesting thanks

none of the addons I'm using are not v4 compatible so it will be a matter of elimination. I suspect utlive may have something to do with it will have to see but I may try updating visual studio and dot net  however windows update should have taken care of that already

nick caldwell

I've got a lot of add-ons except I stay away from traffic and camera stuff.  Just my preference, but it gives you a quick overview of how our configuration differs.  Please report the solution when you find it, which I am sure you will.

Dan Downs KCRP

how do you manage views, manoeuvring around the vc etc if you don't use camera utilities like chase plane? I know you can move around and point using default p3d key assignments however its not ideal and doesn't provide set views etc which are very handy when using the vc.

ill certainly report here if I find a solution yes

nick caldwell

1 hour ago, nickcaldwell4587 said:

how do you manage views, manoeuvring around the vc etc if you don't use camera utilities like chase plane? I know you can move around and point using default p3d key assignments however its not ideal and doesn't provide set views etc which are very handy when using the vc.

Trackball and spacebar to toggle pan/zoom.  I can basically see everything I need to from that single eyepoint.  On occasion I might get a better viewing angle on something from FO seat and that's just a simple A and Shift+A to go there and back. I stay in my seat and fly the airplane.

Dan Downs KCRP

Same issue here with QOTS II and P3DV4, since last week I am not able to reload any saved flight, both saved through P3D or FSUIPC - it worked fine for several months before, the issue came out of the blue and I was not able to narrow down any changes or updates I did that would trigger this issue.
When trying to load a saved flight, either P3D has a CTD or the sim loads with no Screens active and no landing gear.
Tried to reinstall Simconnect and uninstalled/reinstalled QOTS II twice to no success.
When I remove the respective *.sav file from the Panel State folder, the sim loads, loading the panel state then through FMC works fine without a CTD.

Actually - thinking about it - the reload gizmos started to be active after the latest Windows 10 cumulative update (1703) which was pushed in September.

The debug file states the following btw before CTD:

..systems inited.
Load flight:
PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState\747.fxml.sav
03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

I hope somebody is able to figure out what is going on here.

All my P3D items are whitelisted in my AV Software btw, no interference expected there - plus it workded before

Thanks

Joerg Uebelhart

2 hours ago, Protyreus said:

Same issue here with QOTS II and P3DV4, since last week I am not able to reload any saved flight, both saved through P3D or FSUIPC - it worked fine for several months before, the issue came out of the blue and I was not able to narrow down any changes or updates I did that would trigger this issue.
When trying to load a saved flight, either P3D has a CTD or the sim loads with no Screens active and no landing gear.
Tried to reinstall Simconnect and uninstalled/reinstalled QOTS II twice to no success.
When I remove the respective *.sav file from the Panel State folder, the sim loads, loading the panel state then through FMC works fine without a CTD.

Actually - thinking about it - the reload gizmos started to be active after the latest Windows 10 cumulative update (1703) which was pushed in September.

The debug file states the following btw before CTD:

..systems inited.
Load flight:
PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState\747.fxml.sav
03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

I hope somebody is able to figure out what is going on here.

All my P3D items are whitelisted in my AV Software btw, no interference expected there - plus it workded before

Thanks

Joerg Uebelhart

Very interesting, cheers for sharing.  It's a really annoying problem.  Which debug file is this?

I have just conducted a 14 hour test flight.  The results are by no means conclusive.

I did not have time to try one step, go for a long flight etc., so I have had to do a few changes at once.  The problem was also not always reproducible, so it is difficult to definitely test it has gone.

At this stage, I suspect my initial CTDs were the result of slightly low voltage to my overclock.  Although this problem has not happened before, I have read some others have had P3D v4 crash due to overclock more so than P3D v3.  However, that is not my problem.  I don't mind a CTD as long as I can recover.

I have always used FSUIPC Autosave (set to every 15 minutes) without issue in the past.  It causes a brief stutter when it saves, but that is of no concern to me. 

This black screen/CTD problem is reminiscent of when the 747 first came out for P3D v4, and before PMDG/FSUIPC was updated to accommodate it.  You would get the black screens/CTD when trying to load the aircraft from a saved flight.  Then FSUIPC was updated and I thought the problem had gone.  Perhaps not.

Change I have made:

• Increased the voltage slightly to my overclock (to prevent my initial CTD issue)
  • Updated all my drivers (for some reason they were not showing in Windows Update, until I used the Windows Update Show/Hide tool to see them - then manually went to the Device Manager and selected "Update Driver" to the ones listed in the utility)
  • Cleared out all saved flights from the PMDG folder, as well as the P3D folder.
  • Updated FSUIPC from 5.113 to 5.121a - even though the change log does not mention anything changed between versions for PMDG
  • Disabled UTLive add-on

I have also tried removing all P3D data files in ProgramData, and Local & Roaming AppDatas - i.e. disabling all add-ons.  The flights would still not load.  Black screen or CTD.  I begin to suspect the problem is on the saving end, not the loading end.  I put my data files back as they were.

I have so far conducted a flight with the changes I have listed above for about 14 hours.  I tried to get a CTD to replicated the conditions of my earlier flights - but despite running Prime95 at the same time, and giving the computer a bugger of a time with stuff to do, P3D would not crash.  So after 14 hours, I Control-Alt-Deleted P3D, and went straight back to reload from a FSUIPC autosave - no problems.  Same with a manual save.

My strongest suspect so far out my list of changes would be UTLive somehow interfering with the saving process, but it is early days, and future flights will tell.

Cheers,

Rudy