Sign in to follow this  
Chock

D2MDnWy.jpg

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice shot.  How's the plane.  I was surprise to find out that this one is even more anticipated than the PMDG 747v3.  From what I gather sofar, PMDG can scratch off doing a 787 now with this release from QW?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Great shot. I'll grab this one for sure, but in p3d.

8 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

From what I gather sofar, PMDG can scratch off doing a 787 now with is release?

I believe a 787 was not planned by PMDG.

21 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

How's the plane.  I was surprise to find out that this one is even more anticipated than the PMDG 747v3.  From what I gather sofar, PMDG can scratch off doing a 787 now with is release?

Well, I wouldn't go that far as to say nobody could or should bother making a better one, but it is pretty nice and does at least shoot the argument down that an EFB can't or isn't worth being implemented in ESP-based sims, although having said that, the EFB isn't quite up to the functionality of a real one in the real aeroplane, but it does have some useful stuff in it certainly.

As far as it being up to the level of study sims where everything is clickable in the VC and where everything works and you could pop every circuit breaker etc, that is not the case, it doesn't go to that level, nor did QW ever claim it would do so. It's about (in my estimation) 90 percent of things which the real one would have, which is more or less what they said they'd deliver. In other words, everything you would reasonably expect or want to mess around with in the VC does work, so I should imagine most people who are looking for realism would be happy with it, but if you are the kind of simmer who wants to simulate the oil levels being 3 percent lower in the port engine than they are in the right engine, then it's not gonna go to that level.

So if I wanted to give you a vague comparison with something else, I'd say it was about on par with the realism of perhaps the iFly 737 NGs as opposed to the PMDG 737 NG which does have a few more things going for it than the iFly one does, but the QW 787 enjoys much sharper graphics than the iFly 737 has. Now you might view that as either good or bad, but personally I am very happy with the iFly 737 NG to the extent that I haven't bought the PMDg NG for P3D, I use the iFly one, so I mean it as a compliment in regard what QW have made.

I like it, and I think QW have done a great job with it.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

12 minutes ago, Ando010 said:

Odd thing to say when I the opposite is true. The reason why i chose the ifly was the extra feature that the pmdg 737 didn't have. 

What was that?

Ian R Tyldesley

16 minutes ago, Ando010 said:

Odd thing to say when I the opposite is true. The reason why i chose the ifly was the extra feature that the pmdg 737 didn't have. 

Yup, there are some things the iFly does better than the PMDG one in terms of navigation procedures and it is undeniably better value too since you get every variant of the thing and the BBJs as well, where you have to buy an expansion to get more PMDG variants, and even then it still isn't anywhere near as many as you get with the iFly one.

I know a lot of people knock the iFly NG and always champion the PMDG one, but I've got both of them for FSX and I still used the iFly one way more often since it did better on VAS, which is why I bought the iFly one for P3D and not the PMDG one, because VAS might not be an issue in P3D V4, but being able to buy the iFly one for 25 quid if you had the FSX version, as opposed to paying full price for the PMDG one in the same circumstances definitely is an issue as far as I'm concerned, so they can charge what they like for it, because they won't see me buy it lol.

Don't get me wrong, PMDG make great stuff, their 747-400 is brilliant, but their pricing policy for people who have already bought one sim version of their products yet receive not a penny discount if considering another one makes a mockery of the loyalty buyers have shown them over the years and it does them no favours whatsoever in the likability stakes and probably costs them more money than it would if they offered a discount and sold more products.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

It certainly has great visuals!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice screenshot.  The 787 and Embraer 17x/19x are my favorite aircraft when it comes to outside appearance, they just have this sleek and modern look that makes them look like the nextgen jets that they are.

John

• Upvote 1