Sign in to follow this  
lennie

Win Defender grabbed my file!

Hi Folks,

Not sure this is the proper forum, but anyhow here goes:

Yesterday when firing up the simulator, it would not start, and a message popped up [Error 10] that Windows Defender has quarantined the file: gtninterface.dll  and that it needs to be replaced. I am running Win10 for P3Dv4. 

I have tried to search the computer to find where the file is hidden, but no luck. If someone could direct me to it with instructions on how to repair GTN750 I will be grateful. I thought i had disabled Defender, but guess i didn't.

Thanks!

Try to recover file from quarantine, i'm not sure if that can be done with windows defender, was allways disabled on my PC. If cannot be done, reinstall.

BTW, you need to turn off windows defender via group policy editor, otherwise it comes back on next system startup

Aha, thanks lodestar! I knew i had turned it off before, so it comes back. Will see if i can figure that out.

Hi lennie,

I have Windows defender set to exclude my flight sim directories.  You can set that option in windows defender itself. That way you can still utilize defender, but not have it grab flightsim files.

• Upvote 1

Jon Bailey

940666.png

The file gtninterface.dll is in the gauges folder so shortbus74 advice is the best thing to do for the simulator. I guess it's possible to retrieve the file with Win Defender: search in "elements in quarantine"(sorry for my translation, mine is in french)and try to get it back. As I 've no file in quarantine, I'm not 100% sure if it's possible but you can try it!

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte