Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

FSX SE, DX10Fixer and Reshade.

Hi everyone, I've been searching online for suggestions on installing reshade with FSX SE and DX10 Fixer. Thus far I haven't had any success and I am always getting a CTD. Is anyone having any success with this?

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Reshade 3 is a very different product to previous versions and interacts with the directx system at a very low level.

I don’t know of any interaction between the fixer and reshade that would cause an issue and think it’s unlikely given what they both do.

The cloud shadows addon does not work with reshade 3 and you will certainly get CTDs.  There is no solution to that.

Reshade 3 may interact with other products as well, it used to cause CTDs with older versions of fsl spotlights for example.

I would suggest uninstalling the fixer libraries and test, I am fairly sure that you will still get CTDs.  If that is the case then you need to look for products that may be incompatible, an old installation of sweetfx  for example.

On 10/21/2017 at 9:21 AM, Caribpilot said:

Thanks. I am using Reshade 2.0. I'll have to check an older version .

Were you ever able to find a version that worked?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I was under the impression that all versions of reshade worked with the fixer.

All versions but 3 onwards worked with cloud shadows.

Have you tried the version of reshade that you have with the fixer libraries uninstalled in dx10 preview? Is it ok that way?

Edit:

( which I now realise was exactly what I said in the second post in this thread!)

Edited by SteveFx