Sign in to follow this  
MartinAOA

Vortex generators disappeared?

Hi,

1.after installing the latest updates (version 1.20.8465 for FSX), which include the correct top of nose texture viewed from VC,  I noticed that the vortex generators on the nose disappeared and are no longer visible from VC. Also noticed some other things, for pictures see the link below.  Is this Normal?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kak814elia2iwij/AABDvqkghMcH6cwadFSpseyka?dl=0

2. When I check the FMC Menu for the Version it states Version 1.1. Is this normal too?

I appreciate any help you can provide

Best

Martin Rojo

There are vortex generators on the nose?  I've been flying the NGX and the NG before it for years and never noticed and a quick look at google images failed to reveal such things.  The FMC provides a version for FMC software, not the same.  Use the OC to verify correct product versions.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

19 minutes ago, downscc said:

There are vortex generators on the nose?  I've been flying the NGX and the NG before it for years and never noticed and a quick look at google images failed to reveal such things.  The FMC provides a version for FMC software, not the same.  Use the OC to verify correct product versions.

Thanks Dan!

Yes, there are 10 small vortex generators above the radome and just below the windshield. See here:

https://youtu.be/QsMIv4_-bHk

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=765853

Martin Rojo

Interesting, put there for noise reduction. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

56 minutes ago, MartinAOA said:

@ Vortex generators on the nose: Any ideas?

Typically folks will submit and trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support to document bugs they'd like to see fixed. This is a user forum and there's not much other users can do to solve this.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Only NGs that came off the line with no eyebrow windows have the vortex generators. Ngs with eyebrow windows or eyebrow windows that were removed do not have them. I forget the exact reason, but if eyebrow windows are or were present , the vortex generators cannot be installed...something to do with the airflow. PMDG should make it so if you select eyebrow windows, the vortex generators are removed. But its not a big deal, at least for me.

• Upvote 1

Jacob Fuqua