Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

Loading terrain date takes extremely long

I turned on vsync and triple buffering and since then it takes about 3 minutes to load terrain data. I dont know if this is connected. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

14 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

I turned on vsync and triple buffering and since then it takes about 3 minutes to load terrain data. I dont know if this is connected. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Doubt it.
What stage of the sim loading are you talking about here?
Do you mean between the scenario screen and the flight actually starting?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I experience the same, but I can understand it, I mean I've got FTX global, vector, 3 regions of NA, NA landclass, chaseplane, PTA, ENVTEX, AS4, ASclouds, Freemesh and a few other things. (unlimited frames, no vsynch or triple buffering)

It did start the long loading time at a single point in time (not a gradual time increase) but I don't know when that was. I do know it was shortly after upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Hi Folks,

Check your anti-virus software - I found it was dragging my sim load times off of SSD's to its knees...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

18 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Well, first thing to test here: do the loading times return to normal, if you disable vsync and triple buffering? If not, it is not connected...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

VSync kills my FPS so I leave it off. Program runs smooth as butter without it even with all my add-ons.

I turned vsync off and it took much longer to load (especially auto-generated scenery) up the flight. Although very slow it is better with vsync. Still very frustrating.

Loading times become bothering if I have LOD radius or autogen radius above high, or texture size exp = 10. Reverting those makes it normal. No use to keep that high settings if it takes that long to initial load, it indicates the system will not be able to keep up during flight.